• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has 300 Blackout barrels for sale?

Jer

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
Loveland, Colorado
I'm looking for shorter options. Rainier has the 8" Noveske in stock but they won't shoot the 220's unsuppressed & I don't want to give up that functionality. From what I hear the AAC barrels will shoot the subsonic 220's w/ or w/o a can. I don't know if AAC has them available alone or if they're still keeping them all for their uppers.

Re: Who has 300 Blackout barrels for sale?

Noveske's website shows them in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noveske's website shows them in stock. </div></div>

Thanks for the response but like I said, not really looking for the Noveske at this point unless they can address the inability to run the 220's w/o a suppressor.

I run my 10 inch without a can and it runs flawlessly. If yours doen't you can open the gas port up just a hair, no problem. The quality is very good.
Picture127.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silentbushmaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my 10 inch without a can and it runs flawlessly. If yours doen't you can open the gas port up just a hair, no problem. The quality is very good.</div></div>

I think I read it was the 8" Noveske barrels specifically that had an issue so maybe the dwell is better on the 10"? Who knows. My buddy suggested opening up the port a lil bit too but if it was that easy I don't understand why Noveske wouldn't just do that instead of allowing vendors like Rainier to state that they are NOT designed for shooting subsonic round unsuppressed.

Good looking rifle.

Noveske's gas system allows for running nonsuppressed vs. suppressed.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uscbigdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noveske's gas system allows for running nonsuppressed vs. suppressed.

Rich
</div></div>

Rainier Arm's website still has the following line right at the top of the description for the 8" barrel:

"The Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT is NOT designed to cycle the action with subsonic ammunition unless a silencer is attached."

While I'm reading some people have said they personally have had success feeding the 220's w/o a can I'm still hesitant based on this.

I have the 8" barrel and it runs fine without the can on it shooting subsonics. But seems pretty damn pointless to have a subsonic rig without a suppressor.... maybe thats just me though

FWIW,

I run a 10" Noveske 300 BLK and I would think twice about touching the gas port.
P1010272_WEB.jpg

Mine will run 220 sub-sonic SMKs without a can, but 110 V-Max loads with the can are over gassed.
(The BCG velocity is so fast that feeding issues are induced.)

I don't blame Noveske for this since they can't possible test all combinations of barrel & suppressors.
(Disclaimer: I was on the waiting list for the first run of Noveske 300 BLK barrels, so they may have changed their gas port size since then.)
I'm sure AAC only guarantees their function claims when using the 7.62-SDN-6 or other comparable AAC device.
(FYI, I'm using a TBAC 30P-1)

A couple things that I really appreciate from my Noveske barrel:
- Accuracy is 1 MOA min out to 300 yards using 220 SMK sub-sonic loads
- It is apparent that a lot of attention went into getting the gas port size optimal.
The gun is the most perfectly gassed gun when running the load that I built it for.
Firing the sub-sonic 220 SMK suppressed leaves little to no gas in the face and functions flawlessly using an LMT Enhanced FA-BCG & H2 Buffer.

I hope this info helps...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 8" barrel and it runs fine without the can on it shooting subsonics. But seems pretty damn pointless to have a subsonic rig without a suppressor.... maybe thats just me though </div></div>

While I agree with your opinion it's not a matter what I would want to do. Say something goes bump in the night and I grab my 8" AR15 loaded up with 220's and suppressed because it's short, quick and will hit hard. The suppressor is on it to save my hearing and that of my wife but I get a baffle strike for whatever reason or have an issue where I need to strip my QD can and continue in the fight. I don't need a cycling issue on my next shot as adding things going wrong to this scenario where things are already going wrong wouldn't be good. Worse case scenario in whatever situation I want my weapon to keep functioning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW,

I run a 10" Noveske 300 BLK and I would think twice about touching the gas port.
P1010272_WEB.jpg

Mine will run 220 sub-sonic SMKs without a can, but 110 V-Max loads with the can are over gassed.
(The BCG velocity is so fast that feeding issues are induced.)

I don't blame Noveske for this since they can't possible test all combinations of barrel & suppressors.
(Disclaimer: I was on the waiting list for the first run of Noveske 300 BLK barrels, so they may have changed their gas port size since then.)
I'm AAC sure only guarantees their function claims when using the 7.62-SDN-6 or other comparable AAC device.
(FYI, I'm using a TBAC 30P-1)

A couple things that I really appreciate from my Noveske barrel:
- Accuracy is 1 MOA min out to 300 yards using 220 SMK sub-sonic loads
- It is apparent that a lot of attention went into getting the gas port size optimal.
The gun is the most perfectly gassed gun when running the load that I built it for.
Firing the sub-sonic 220 SMK suppressed leaves little to no gas in the face and functions flawlessly using an LMT Enhanced FA-BCG & H2 Buffer.

I hope this info helps... </div></div>

Great info and thanks for the post. This answers my question earlier regarding if opening the gas port was the solution then why wouldn't Noveske just do that? After all, Noveske isn't known for releasing unfinished parts on the market. I had wondered if opening the port for the 220's would over-gas on the supersonic rounds. Answers my question.

Are you particular in what length? I might have a 9" AAC barrel at the shop that hasn't been claimed yet.

G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you particular in what length? I might have a 9" AAC barrel at the shop that hasn't been claimed yet.

G </div></div>

I wouldn't be opposed to the 9" AAC version either. PM me with a price if it's available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that the AAC barrels use a pressed on gas block.
If you don't have a press, life could be difficult for you.
</div></div>

I have installed my fair share of AAC Blackout barrels and it installs just like any gas system. You do not need a press to install the gas block.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that the AAC barrels use a pressed on gas block.
</div></div>

I have installed my fair share of AAC Blackout barrels and it installs just like any gas system. You do not need a press to install the gas block. </div></div>
Just going off of what AAC / Robert Silvers posted.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silencertalk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gas blocks are pressed on to best seal the gas and to eliminate the chance of the gas block coming off during a time of critical use. This is mentioned in the owner's manual, but I am repeating it here so people don't waste their time trying to remove the gas block without a press.</div></div>
300-ethan.jpg

http://www.silencertests.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62883&start=200

Purhaps this has changed with their stand alone barrels...

From the description on the page:

"Includes thread protector, gas tube, steel low-profile press-fit set screw gas block (barrel has set-screw divots for gas block alignment)."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that the AAC barrels use a pressed on gas block.
</div></div>

I have installed my fair share of AAC Blackout barrels and it installs just like any gas system. You do not need a press to install the gas block. </div></div>
Just going off of what AAC / Robert Silvers posted.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silencertalk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gas blocks are pressed on to best seal the gas and to eliminate the chance of the gas block coming off during a time of critical use. This is mentioned in the owner's manual, but I am repeating it here so people don't waste their time trying to remove the gas block without a press.</div></div>
300-ethan.jpg

http://www.silencertests.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62883&start=200

Purhaps this has changed with their stand alone barrels... </div></div>

That's with the uppers they assemble. When AAC sends the barrel and gas system assembly, they know that most people do not have a press to put on a gas block. I have done at least 20 or so AAC 300 BLK branded barrels and never once did I have to use a press to put one on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That's with the uppers they assemble. When AAC sends the barrel and gas system assembly, they know that most people do not have a press to put on a gas block. I have done at least 20 or so AAC 300 BLK branded barrels and never once did I have to use a press to put one on. </div></div>

How are they held in place? Just a set screw?

OP, here's a quote from Todd about the gas ports.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Todd.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT is designed to run optimally firing both subsonic suppressed and supersonic unsuppressed, while keeping supersonic suppressed reliable. It may not reliably cycle the action under adverse conditions with subsonic ammunition unless a silencer is attached. We recommend supersonic ammunition for Military, Law Enforcement, and Self Defense use without a silencer."

There is a range of pressure and time under pressure with supersonic/subsonic, and suppressed/unsuppressed. Optimal function will be with subsonic suppressed and supersonic unsuppressed, without the cyclic rate being too high supersonic suppressed.

Subsonic without a silencer is the least reliable mode (and least useful). If tuned for subsonic unsuppressed the other modes would be over gassed and supersonic suppressed would become the least reliable.</div></div>

Set screw, like most microblocks out there.

Barrels:
AR-Stoner
Black Hole Weaponry
CMMG
Compass Lake Engineering
Delta Company Arms
Lewis Machine and Tool
Loki Weapon Systems
Lothar Walther
Match Grade Machine - Thompson barrels.
McGowen Barrel - Savage and other barrels.
Model 1 Sales
Montana Rifleman - barrels.
Noveske
Pac-Nor
Satern Custom Machining, Inc.
Selph Arms LLC
SI Defense
Triton Arms
White Oak Precision
Wilson Combat

from here http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=73274