• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has a Badger M2008 short action switch barrel?

338LM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2003
STL Missouri
If anybody has a switch barrel setup on this action how do you like it and how well is it working for you? Thanks in advance.

Re: Who has a Badger M2008 short action switch barrel?

They are great to say the least! Here is mine, it is a 308 with a switch barrel to 260.
DSC01301.jpg

Thanks,
L.

Mine's running awesome. I have two 308 barrels, a 26 and a 20, and a 25 inch 6.5 Creedmoor. Can't go wrong with the M2008.

I've got one with a 6.5x47 bbl, .260 Rem bbl, and tightbore .308 bbl. Switching barrels is pretty easy. Only issue I have is the the Zero for all three barrels is completely different. I guess with time and good record keeping, you could have all your zero's recorded and swap barrels with ease.

Right now, I'm planning on getting another badger action. I just don't know when they're going to come out with the next batch...

I've got my rifle set up with a .308 bbl. I'd like to get a 6.5 or .260 or something for it as well someday.

Mine was supposed to be, but I ran out of money... LOL

What would an additional bbl run do you think? I have no idea what it'd cost to buy a match barrel.

300 or so for the barrel. 150 or so to chamber and crown. 100 or so for color.

Between $500 and $600.

I think GAP was quoting about $550.

Mines not a switch barrel, but I ordered my barrel without the smith having the action, just screw it on and shoot. I've take mine on and off a few times to paint the action, minor work, etc. Super easy.

Folks, when the same caliber barrel is reinstalled, does the POA change more than 1 MOA? Thank you, everyone.

... crud... I meant to say "does the Point of Impact change". Dang... need more coffee...

I've pulled my action out of the stock, removed the scope, pulled the barrel, changed the trigger checked the headspace on another barrel, then put it back together with the old barrel. It retained it's zero perfectly. I don't think it even changed by 1/2 or 1/4MOA. I tested zero at 200yds since I was doing load development.

Of course, I used a torque wrench on everything.

Thank you, Salmonaxe.

To those who've done it (JasonK ?)... How easy was it for a 'smith to do a new barrel without sending the action? Was GAP the 'smith?