• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has experience with filing an complaint against an insurance agent (COLORADO)?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    Just had to file a complaint with the State (Colorado) against my insurance agent. I closed a business in January and cancelled my Workers Comp and a life insurance policy.

My agent, who've I've been with over 20 years, continued to withdraw funds from the business checking account after cancellation. No big deal, contacted them and was told the funds would be returned. No funds. In fact we received some paperwork and the Workers Comp was somehow switched to another company. Called again was told it would be taken care of. Contacted at least three + times. No return of funds. So, I'm done asking and I submitted a complaint using my States portal.

Would like to hear about any experience you've had or any advice. It's not a lot of money but JHC, I'm sick and tired of the run around and seems to me that filing a complaint with the State will get me somewhere sooner than later.

If you're an agent, we're looking for a new one, and have any contributions from that side, I'd appreciate that as well.

Goood luck.

I dont know about CO. but in Virginia the Worker's Comp and the insurance companies are in bed together. One should expect to get fucked royally.

Just had to file a complaint with the State (Colorado) against my insurance agent. I closed a business in January and cancelled my Workers Comp and a life insurance policy.

My agent, who've I've been with over 20 years, continued to withdraw funds from the business checking account after cancellation. No big deal, contacted them and was told the funds would be returned. No funds. In fact we received some paperwork and the Workers Comp was somehow switched to another company. Called again was told it would be taken care of. Contacted at least three + times. No return of funds. So, I'm done asking and I submitted a complaint using my States portal.

Would like to hear about any experience you've had or any advice. It's not a lot of money but JHC, I'm sick and tired of the run around and seems to me that filing a complaint with the State will get me somewhere sooner than later.

If you're an agent, we're looking for a new one, and have any contributions from that side, I'd appreciate that as well.

Pay him a visit and make him an offer he can't refuse?

You're on the right path by filing a complaint.

Have you attempted calling the WC and Life Ins carriers directly to cancel your coverage and request a refund? If not, I suggest you call them with your situation and ask them if they can cancel your coverage's and issue you the refunds. You are most likely on direct bill (not Agency bill) for both premiums. Did they order a Final Audit Billing of your workers' compensation coverage?

Also on the WC policy, I'd also call the Dept. of Labor and file a complaint with them as well, or at least make a note that you called them.

Be prepared to show the State any email's, faxes, or other documentation (notes) where you made contact with your independent agent. If it is a carrier like State Farm, Allstate, or any other carrier that writes coverage through their own agents (not independent) then they should be able to take care of you very quickly.

I find it VERY odd that he could "switch" you to a new carrier without a signed (by you) application.... I really hope that he did not sign your name or bind coverage with a carrier that you are not aware of, that would be REALLY bad for him.

Best of luck

You're on the right path by filing a complaint.

Have you attempted calling the WC and Life Ins carriers directly to cancel your coverage and request a refund? If not, I suggest you call them with your situation and ask them if they can cancel your coverage's and issue you the refunds. You are most likely on direct bill (not Agency bill) for both premiums. Did they order a Final Audit Billing of your workers' compensation coverage?

Also on the WC policy, I'd also call the Dept. of Labor and file a complaint with them as well, or at least make a note that you called them.

Be prepared to show the State any email's, faxes, or other documentation (notes) where you made contact with your independent agent. If it is a carrier like State Farm, Allstate, or any other carrier that writes coverage through their own agents (not independent) then they should be able to take care of you very quickly.

I find it VERY odd that he could "switch" you to a new carrier without a signed (by you) application.... I really hope that he did not sign your name or bind coverage with a carrier that you are not aware of, that would be REALLY bad for him.

Best of luck
    The carrier is SF. I didn't switch policies. They somehow switched companies, not theirs, mine. IOW, the paperwork I received was now a different customer/company. We called immediately to point it out and were told it would be handled. And yes, we're in process for final audit on the WC.

Reactions: Pinmaster