• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has gotten there Tenex?

dgwelsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Chestertown, MD
I got mine today. Just able to look at it pretty quick, definitely didn't get to shoot it.

Looks old and crusty. Am I being overly critical. The Wolf ammo I have been using is clean and greasy looking this is not at all.

just throwing it out there. I guess what do you expect for half price.

dgwelsh

Re: Who has gotten there Tenex?

Look at the consistency (or lack thereof) of the wax on the projectile. If it has been improperly stored (too hot) the wax tends to run down the projectile and leave little marks on the bottom of the inside of the box while clumping near the tip of the projectile.

That said, I got some non-EPS Tenex for free because of improper storage and it shot pretty well.

Got mine to. Eley uses a wax insted on a greese to lub thier ammo. I opened several of mine and the wax is still good. Down side is the CMP did not make any effort to keep the lots together. I think it would have been nice if they had put the lot codes on th out side of the boxes and then shipped the ammo by lot. Plus side is now I have several different lots to test, LOL. I shot this same ammo on a GAANG team in the late 80's and early 90's and it shot very well. I shot many cleans at 50 yard BR matches with a issued Winchester 52C. I could place in the top three in any match I was at with this ammo. Not bad for issued ammo and issued rifle. I hope to test it tomorrow if the wind will lay down long enough.

Donald

just going on the looks of the stuff that arrived i don't have high hopes. If I didnt pay for this stuff I would be a little hesitant to shoot it. Oh well.
dgwelsh
to bad the cmp can't offer a little better description or search through it and offer two classes of the stuff.

Bill they sold out in a day. Only had 400 hundred bricks of the stuff turned into them by the Army.

I shot mine today. I cleaned one target and only dropped two points on another. It's as good as the stuff I used twenty years ago. Very good shooting conditions today helped allot and I did not have to tune the rifle much from the Midas L I had been using. The real test will be Saturday as I'll compete with this stuff at a match. I can never get the groups at a comp that I get on a practice day.

Donald

Don
Thanks
I did get lucky picked up 8 bricks of 09 mfg same lot red box tenex ultimate for $1,000.00

Its a great week for me !!!!