• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has used starline LRP .308 brass?

JimmyT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
I just tried 20 rounds of the brass. Just ran through the sizing die, deburred the case mouth and filled with 41.8 grains of IMR 4164 under a Nosler 175 grain CC bullet.

I got a lot of ejector swipes and 2"-5" groups at 100 yards.

I'm going back with 41.0/41.2/41.4/41.6 to see if I can find an accuracy node.

What have your results been??

You may have an early lot of Starline and they were heavy. Did you weigh the brass?

Right at 173 grains out of the box. My LC brass was 179 grains. I have accepted that I will have re work my loads.

Second firing should be better.

I got some for 300blk and it was way under out of the bag but has been good since.

I think all of it is way under when you get it?

OK. I’ll go ahead love the stuff for the second time around and see where I’m at. I’ll start at 41.8 grain to go all the way down to 41 and see what my rifle really likes.

Can you get a shoulder measurement from a virgin case and one of your first fired?
And some of your old fired lc brass.

I will go out on a limb and guess the virgin brass is 0.006- 0.008 thousand shorter at the shoulder and smaller in diameter.

Some virgin brass doesn't move at all in my sizing die except for the neck tension, but I run it just for that.

I am not knocking starline brass and other new brass / ammo is similar as well. This may be more prevalent in military calibers than others? not positive .

A lot of guys say they just plink away with virgin brass because is changes the load so much with fire formed.

I go ahead and make what load I can out of it and know it will change.

Edit: I save my best fire form load data for next time.

Last edited:
Starline LRP 6mm Creed brass. Virgin on a new barrel then once fired with 100rds down the barrel. Same load.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    576.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Snuby642