• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who hates/loves their customers the most?

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
Like many of you, I have owned a wide array of firearms and ancillary products over the years. Also like many of you, I have had stuff break or go wrong which led me to explore the quality of customer service. I know that I started the thread title negative but the best customer service I have had was actually from Schmidt and Bender. I bought 5 x 25 PMII off the forums almost a decade ago. I contacted the company and sent the scope in. They changed the reticle, they reversed the turrets from CW to CCW, they kept me informed every step of the way. I got notified when they received it, when work was being performed, when it was tested for function, when it was shipped back. Schmidt and Bender was completely awesome.

I had an issue with a KAC upper that I could not resolve myself, largely because of the unavailable tool and parts. After six months of trying to find things, multiple emails to the company (never a single response back) I brought the upper to an authorized KAC dealer. Apparently that did not mean anything as they ignored order request from the dealer, they also did not respond to the gunsmith and it took ten more months for the problem to resolve. The experience was so bad for the Gunsmith that the authorized KAC dealer will no longer service their rifles for repair. They will only do things like change the muzzle device or mount a scope.

Had great experience with Vortex and everyone loves to rave about their warranty. Have heard Beretta and HK have bad customer service, never used it. I have had to use Taurus for warranty work several times for the same issue, did not go well for me so I will say Taurus hates customers.

In just the last year, best experience was probably with Trijicon, but not the only good experience. Otherwise, I don't have a single best/worst experience, but I've had good service from most manufacturers or larger dealers in the general firearms industry. Definitely above average vs most other industries where you need service and have to go through the front door / otherwise have no special connections. Even with Beretta - have called about 10 times for about 8 different things in the last few years (to be clear - not things that were broken). Hold times were a little long a few times, but other than that everything went well with their cs.

The few times I've had bad service has always been at stores and these were stores that were empty and dying even when the firearms industry and other stores were booming and packed.

Bought a Bushnell ERS off of here back in 2017. When I received the scope, it was in good shape however the product # didn't match other ERS that I'd seen. Contact Bushnell CS to ask about it and verify authenticity. The rep I spoke with did a deep dive into their records and discovered I'd actually bought an early demo scope before they'd even decided to name them "ERS" but it was in fact a legitimate product.

Shortly after that I noticed some imperfections on one of the internal lenses when looking through the objective. Contacted CS again, they requested I send the scope in to them for inspection. They notified me that they'd basically rebuilt the scope with new internals and glass and returned it to me. Still use it to this day.

I've been largely lucky in that I have had generally good experiences with manufacturers.

Some were a pain in the ass that anything happened at all, but in the end once it was sent in it was handled rather quickly.

Online retailers though, I had one send me a charging handle that looked like it was run over with a fork lift. The clamshell packaging was torn up and the anodizing was scraped off to below bare metal. There were gouges into the actual metal.

The company said that "I" had done the damage but then they said it was the post office. I sent them pictures of the bubble wrap envelope that it came in and there wasn't even a scratch on it except on the very edge where I cut it open with a really sharp knife.

In other words someone had to intentionally pack it up like that and sell it as new.

Naturally they wouldn't do anything about it and said it should call the post office. At the end of the day I had to dispute the charge on my credit card.

Vortex- minor issue with a red dot, really jacked up a scope, both my fault in the woods, they had the part for the red dot and a new scope on the way before I got off the phone.

2A Armament, had a problem with a charging handle rolling the edge on the shelf, they just mailed me a new lower without complaint, had a minor issue with a titanium part they just replaced it.

Bad, not many, overall I would say the gun industry has much better service than any other, if I had a complaint it’s s&w holding on to their proprietary parts like they were gold. I did have a friend with a issue with his Glock, their response was funny but frustrating for him, basically “it can’t be our guns are perfect”

Reactions: Ichi
American based companies generally seem to have great CS.

European based companies generally not so much...

(Of course it depends on the individual company, I'm painting with large brush strokes here)

For optics hands down best was vortex. But I used it more than I wanted and didn’t trust the optics so I moved on

Burris was just as good but vortex swapped scope with brand new shipped to me with return for my broken optic in that box. So brand new without even looking at the broke optic. Plus free shit to make me feel all warm and fuzzy

Best for other parts were,

- Thunderbeast- Missing wrench in TBAC takedown

- Mile high for cracked spuhr mount parts

- MDT took the cake for not only sending me the parts I wanted to pay for free of charge but doing it knowing the chassis I bought was second hand and being extremely pleasant on the phone

We’re lucky that a majority of the best vendors are on the hide and they are active in the threads when people do have questions or issues

Reactions: MarinePMI and Ichi
In my experience companies like TacOps, Abel Co., Mile High Shooting, Eurooptic, CS Tactical, Liberty Optics, Hawkhill, RRS, and I'm sure a bunch I'm forgetting have been awesome.

This is going to be blasphemy here on the 'hide, but I've had friends that have had not stellar CS with AI. HK is notorious. KAC is not great. Curtis Customs.

Awesome service from Dillon, Hornady, Defiance, and even Remington.

Mediocre service from Springfield Armory- quick to send a call tag but did not fix the issue, S&W- would not send a replacement striker that bent on an almost new gun, and I'll never buy a Wilson Combat anything.

Reactions: Bubba_crx
So far, I've been fortunate to only need to send a scope back once. Back in 2014ish, maybe 15, I had to send a Steiner M5Xi 5-25 back. It was my fault. The rifle fell off the bench, dented the scope ahead of the objective lens while it had the sunshade screwed on, and had essentially cross threaded the sunshade. I shipped it off to Steiner and within a week, I had a brand new scope. I've dealt with other companies and didn't have bad service, just nothing that stood out as being excellent service. Edit: I can't believe I didn't remember Mile High. They're local to me, so I guess I forgot and just took them for granted, but they're fantastic! As far as Hide vendors go, @CSTactical has always been incredible, and i know I'm not the only to say it. B&T (Atlas) have been awesome every time. I've only ordered from @FisherT&C once, but i wouldn't hesitate to order again. I know Andy Hawkins at Hawkins Precision personally, but his service is exceptional. Same goes for Collin Fossen at Fehu Outdoors. I had a decent experience with Stoeger. I bought a shotgun from another member and it arrived with a cracked ghost ring. I contacted Stoeger and it took them a little while to respond, and i remember having to email them two or three times, but when they did respond, all they asked for was a pic of the cracked ghost ring and they shipped out a replacement which I received a few days later

Bad service, and I'm sure I'm going to rile some feathers here: Seekins Precision. Everyone has raved about their CS. I must have been the one in a thousand because I wasn't pleased, at all, to the point I won't deal with Seekins again.

Last edited:
I work in the industry, so I have the luxury of getting reps involved sometimes. Browning is the absolute worst, they suck so bad I will never buy another Browning firearm. Ruger and the one time we returned a glock were by far the best. Vortex and Hawke are great in the optics world, Bushnell not so much. Keep in mind these are not my guns but customers guns. I have been doing this for about 9 years and there is a long list of manufacturers I can't tell you about because we have never had an issue with their products.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
easier to answer which company does not hate there customers anymore they all want your money just not having to deal with you , see you , or hear you those are the problems me I am an angle lol they just love me when I call them .

it's not just the cable company anymore it's all of them .

Ive had exceptional service and experiences from kac, ai, tacops, euro optic, mile high, area 419, operation parts, blue force gear, airguns of Arizona, nightforce. Probably forgetting some but those really stand out in my head quickly. Granted most of those companies i am talking with owners or head of departments and not going through typical channels

I have not had the best from wilson combat. Probably some others too that im not thinking about

Customer service is more than what a company does when there’s a problem, it’s also how they treat you as a customer in general. Do they respond to inquires in a timely manner. This includes answering the phone, replying to emails, returning messages via voicemail, honoring lead times, keeping the customer informed of delays, etc..

The big companies mentioned, Vortex, EuroOptic, Mile High and others do a good job but two companies that excel in their CS are Greg and Russ at Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes) and Jake Vibbert at JC Steel. I’ve been dealing with both companies for several years and they have always offered service above and beyond. You can’t ask for a better business model

Customer service is more than what a company does when there’s a problem, it’s also how they treat you as a customer in general. Do they respond to inquires in a timely manner. This includes answering the phone, replying to emails, returning messages via voicemail, honoring lead times, keeping the customer informed of delays, etc..

The big companies mentioned, Vortex, EuroOptic, Mile High and others do a good job but two companies that excel in their CS are Greg and Russ at Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes) and Jake Vibbert at JC Steel. I’ve been dealing with both companies for several years and they have always offered service above and beyond. You can’t ask for a better business model
Southern precision is one i forgot about, theyre definitely good. I love that i can email my guy at euro and have a quote for stuff in less than a half hour usually. I have talked to people at kac, ai and tacops on the weekend before. The absolute best is easily tacops, no question

Reactions: MarinePMI
Had a recent interaction with Bruno Shooters Supply customer service and they were awesome! The issue wasn’t even on them, but they handled it. Same positive reviews go for for 360 precision, 2vets and Foundation…. Sometimes when I feel lonely I’ll call Foundation just to hear the way John Kyle answers the phone and talks to me like we grew up together…

ALL facets of Kahles/swaro customer service blows.

Walther is the only "euro" company I've had good luck with.
Good luck with ruger, vortex, and even dare I say it- Remington.
Not had good luck with Pointer (kids shotgun last year) or tikka- but that was decades ago now.

Reactions: Islas82
Worst so far is AI

This is going to be blasphemy here on the 'hide, but I've had friends that have had not stellar CS with AI.
I've had to deal with them twice - once for a bolt body I bought that was incompletely machined, and once for an AXMC that needed an adjustment to the feed ramp under warranty. Both were handled as quick and painless as possible - call tags sent, and one-day turnaround times on their end. I hate to hear others have had problems, but I've had no complaints so far.

Reactions: Brym427
Best: Manners, Zermatt, Vortex…Tom/Ray/Vortex CS, these guys kick ass.

Shitty: Sig… ran an MPX in USPSA for a couple years and quickly found out that I knew more about it than Sig and getting parts or support was a nightmare.

Last edited:
So Far:
Best: Primary Arms, Ruger, Eurooptic, S&B, Nightforce, and Desert Tech (last slot for controversy)

Worst: Savage. After what happened with my father's B22M Precision, I will never be touching another savage product ever again.
story: Dad decides he wants to get into shooting with me with a rimfire, ends up selecting the B22 as the magnum is a little more consistent and can do 200yd which is the range I normally shoot at. go to our usual awesome LGS, and get a brand new B22M (his choice). Take it back home, giving it the once-over, notice that bolt and reciever serials do not match, and headspace is out! Contact savage CS immediately, and get a RMA shipping label, seems like this will be a breeze. 3 weeks later, not even a "we recieved it" from savage, we send an inquiriy, still no reply. 2 weeks after that, it shows back up, and all they've done is headspace the bolt and re-number it, but in the process THE WHOLE BARREL AND BOLT WERE ALLOWED TO RUST!!!!
Contacted LGS, they were awesome and agreed to exchange it, and got a different rifle (ruger american 5.56 which is still in use)

I dunno, PVA has always done right by me, even when it's not their fault. 🤷‍♂️

Shoutout to Lynx Defense for bags and softgear. They repaired my bag from normal wear and tear at no cost and super quick - they stand behind their stuff and it's an all USA operation.

I've had more positive experiences with companies than negative ones. Vortex, Arken, American Rifle Company, McMillan, DarnFineshot.com, bugnut barrels, Northland ShootersSupply, and the list goes on.

The worst experience I've ever had was sin arms. Dude fell off the face of the planet. Thank god I used my credit card and was able to get it refunded. Went with bugnut barrels.

I've had to deal with them twice - once for a bolt body I bought that was incompletely machined, and once for an AXMC that needed an adjustment to the feed ramp under warranty. Both were handled as quick and painless as possible - call tags sent, and one-day turnaround times on their end. I hate to hear others have had problems, but I've had no complaints so far.

In all fairness, I know MH is a big distributor and armorer for AI. They are great. I've heard some good things too about AINA.

The more mixed reviews for the most part come from people in Europe dealing with AI.

Best: Manners, Zermatt, Vortex…Tom/Ray/Vortex CS, these guys kick ass.
I had totally forgotten about Zermatt,; Ray and crew do an awesome job.

As for PVA, I think Josh went through some growing pains when he first started up his shop. He's always produced quality barrels but running a business is a lot different than running a shop and he suffered through communications issues and missed lead times. Since then, he's expanded his staff and started covering the different aspects of the business better and his service has improved tremendously.

As for bad CS, the worst I've encountered was Cobra Foam. I ordered 3 foam sets for my Pelican cases and all of the foam that arrived was 1/2" short in both width and length. My attempts to contact them through email and phone messages went unanswered. Never again will I deal with them.

Reactions: MarinePMI
In all fairness, I know MH is a big distributor and armorer for AI. They are great. I've heard some good things too about AINA.

The more mixed reviews for the most part come from people in Europe dealing with AI.
Yep, and I should clarify. I was speaking specifically about AINA directly resolving my issues with no wait or hassle.

MHSA has always been great, too though.

Reactions: kthomas
PTG and tacticalrifles.net actually hate their customers.

Companies I avoid due to CS- Bushnell, Larue, Nightforce, Tikka (Beretta), Curtis, Vudoo, and a few others.

Companies I use due, in part, to outstanding CS- Zermatt, Manners, Stewart Rifles, Vortex, Calhoon Bullets, Montana Rifle Slings

There are others, I’m sure, but that’s what comes to mind off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Constructor
MDT has excellent CS as well, forgot to mention them.

Honestly, the shooting industry has come a long ways. The majority of companies that support this hobby are excellent to deal with.

There's a couple of companies that I avoid, but the number of excellent companies more than outweighs the couple of companies that can be less than stellar.

Best:

Vortex (replaced some accessories I broke on my own, at no cost, replaced a whole scope when I wasnt happy with it and had doubts about it working correctly). CS has photographed their own gear before to help answer questions about mounts, cantilevers, etc.

@MDT_OFFICIAL : sent me updated parts for free for a chassis because I got older stock from a distributor that did not include the newer design.

SOLGW: replaced a BCG no questions asked because it didnt gauge right on multiple rifles.

@Precision Underground : Answered a ton of questions I had about shooting bags to help me choose one, and offered to exchange it if I didnt like it after.

Mark 7 reloading: they upgraded a model in house for me that I wanted, that was a combination of their original design, and the upgrades on their new design, before shipping to me, and continue to provide free on demand support by phone whenever necessary.

Worst:
Beretta customer support, kept a rifle for something like 9 months then never even as much as emailed me when they destroyed it.

AMG Labs (the shot timer guy)...sent an email about not answering emails and back-ordered items...in the email asked customers to reach out about upgrading to a more expensive model that was in stock...never responded to that email either..

Midway USA: changed descriptions on a firearm because the model # was incorrect, after ordering, tried to force me to keep the wrong model product (not what I ordered in the first place) because they 'already shipped it'.

Post office: I believe that USPS hates gun owners. If I could consistently find one company that is responsible for so much missing shit..and time lost, it would be them above all others.

There’s certainly more good companies vs bad ones. CS Tactical, Eurooptic and Thunderbeast have always been great to deal with. I wish I could remember his name but a great dude from Eurooptic added a significant discount on a future purchase to my account after receiving a new optic with problems. I didn’t expect it or ask for it but I damn sure have made it a point to do more business with them since.

• Love
Reactions: din and CSTactical
Man, nothing like a thread like this to start to make you sweat. But we love our customers, without you all we couldn't do what we do and we love what we do!

-Anthony

You guys have been more than excellent in all my dealings, it's very much appreciated! MDT goes above and beyond for their customers in my experience.

Man, nothing like a thread like this to start to make you sweat. But we love our customers, without you all we couldn't do what we do and we love what we do!

-Anthony
The christmas cards really are a nice touch. The only other business I know that still does that is my lawyer...and that "love" is very much a one-way feeling.