• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who here has a Bergara Wilderness series and how do you like it?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I want a beater 308 and I’m considering one of these either the HMR or Terrain. Who has one and how do you like it?

I had an early HMR and it was atrocious with a bindy rough action. How are these with the spiral fluted bolt and cerakoted action? I don’t expect it to run like an AI, but if it’s as slick as an old 700P I’d be satisfied with that.

Any major differences between it and an HMR other than the finish and fluted bolt?

Anyone chrono’d one in 308 with FGMM?

I have a .308 Wilderness Terrain. It shoots some ammo very well, but there are some it really hates. The length of pull is not adjustable and the stock is a little long for me, so I guess I’ll be swapping it for something else. The trigger is about 2.5 lbs from the factory, and the action is pretty smooth. Overall, I’m happy with it, just wish I could shorten the LOP and it’d be great.

I just picked up a Wilderness Ridge chambered in 300 PRC. I will let you know hopefully this week on how it shoots. It feels pretty nice considering its a factory rifle and not custom. The bolt is pretty smooth and has a nice factory trigger.

I have a wilderness HMR in 300PRC, I swapped the bolt for the premier bolt. Action is very smooth and with hand loads it’s a sub .75 inch gun

i have the hmr wilderness in 6.5 creedmoor, so far its been great, I'm still working up a load for it, but the action is smooth, the trigger is good, and its a nice adjustable stock on it.