• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who here is shooting a 6 Dasher to 1k?

Danley

Minuteman
Im thinking of building a 6 dasher for 500 to 1000 yd matches. No doubt they will shoot good at 1k & I know the bigger 7mm & 30's will "out gun" it, but im wondering if anyone here has regrets of pushing one that far. I just built a 260 for this purpose and to be honest my 6br will out shoot it at 600 (as far as i've shot the 260) & I know my br will hold under 1 moa at 1k on mild to moderate days. My thinking here is, a good shooting dasher will only do better. Am I off base here? ... Im not looking for anything bigger.

Re: Who here is shooting a 6 Dasher to 1k?

Danley,

First, the 7mm and 30 cal's won't outgun a 6mm Dasher. The Dasher with the right twist can shoot a edit:
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">much more</span> <span style="font-style: italic">nearly as</span> ballistic efficient bullet faster. Advantage 6 Dasher.

It's an improvement over the 6mm BR, but not a whole lot. The BRX is more improvement. And, you can still use your BR dies. But, not as much as the 6XC or 6mm-.250 imp. Moving upward the .243 and finally where you get to overbore the 6mm Rem and 6mm-.284. You did say you didn't want to go bigger than the BR case though. Which is fine.

Even in wind you would be amazed at how well the high BC bullets moving fast buck the wind. Two of my favorites for 6mm are the 95 gr. Berger and the 95 gr. SMK. More speed equals better ballistics in the medium-1k range.

If I were going to build a 600-1000Y benchrest gun I'd do a Dasher! It's amazing the accuracy those guys are getting.

Stay away from Remington brass. You can neck down and blow out Norma 7mm Mauser (7X57) brass. Everyone I know that has taken the Dasher route has been very pleased by doing so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stay away from Remington brass. You can neck down and blow out Norma 7mm Mauser (7X57) brass. Everyone I know that has taken the Dasher route has been very pleased by doing so.</div></div>

Or just buy lapua 6mm BR brass. That's a lot easier than playing with a mauser case.

Edit:

The thought occurred to me you may be thinking 6mm Rem. No, this is based off of the 6mm BR case.

Sorry I was thinking of the .244 Ack Improved (also a good cartridge)

i think the extra 100 or so fps will only make the 6mm better,we have already seen what the raw 6br norma will do at 1k. i still like the 6.5 bullet bc's though.maybe a 6.5x47 could be the shiznit for you.

No Dasher here but a 6XC. Runs 3000+ with 115's , 31's with 105 class, Norma makes great brass for $70 hundred, feeds 100% from mag, uses common bolt face, a giant killer @ 1000.

If your shooting paper, the dasher is hard to beat, even at 1k.
If your shooting steel, the lack of impact seen on a hit or miss
is hard to work with. All three dashers I have used were very accurate and easy to load for .