• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is a wood gazer?

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    You should be ashamed opening a post with that title......

Some M70 Hathcock tribute.....

P1018387.JPG

P1018388.JPG

P1018389.JPG

P1018391.JPG

P1018393.JPG

P1018392.JPG

P1018394[1].jpg

I am always impressed by your wood. And I don't mean that in a Provincetown, Ma. kind of way. I love gazing upon your wood... especially when it's oiled. Because, it's so... tight-grained and smooth. I can almost feel it in my hands.

Well, on that note... nothing like a beautiful piece of wood! On a fine rifle. Especially a vintage military rifle, built with the finest black walnut wood that America could produce.

What the %$#@ were you preverts thinking???? Preversion... everywhere.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Your Wood Glistens in the sun !! Beautiful set up man. (y)

*So Upset there weren't any nudes*

Dang...that rifle turned out awesome!! Shoots great also!
    Mine is in the works, I should be getting some updates soon... I will post up some pics for you.
    Hope it turns out as good as yours!
    DW

Judging by the fresh cut looks like it may be a semetic tree just from the moil.

Remington Rolling Block in 38-50 that I built. Started as just a rusty action my farrier found in a barn. McGowen barrel that I rust blued and custom sscheutzen stock I made. I farmed out the barreling, checkering and color case hardening. Did everything else myself.
    remington rolling block 1.JPG

remington rolling block 2.JPG

Remington Rolling Block in 38-50 that I built. Started as just a rusty action my farrier found in a barn. McGowen barrel that I rust blued and custom sscheutzen stock I made. I farmed out the barreling, checkering and color case hardening. Did everything else myself.View attachment 7017163

View attachment 7017162
    Nice slickfork Buffalo! Rifle is also real purty! Of course, the riata lends a touch of authenticity to how things were done back in the day!:cool: