• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Who is doing refinishing these days?

Anchor Zero Six

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Corona Komifornia
I'm finishing up a shotgun project and would like to have it refinished in black Parkerizing or Duracoat.

Any reccomendations where to have the work done? Especialy interested in shops with fairly quick turn around times (two weeks or less).

Re: Who is doing refinishing these days?

Thanks, I'll give them a call. Not exactly close LOL but still better than sending it to Arizona.

Well....that's what I meant. Their state is touching our state
laugh.gif

I got ya. I just go excited when I clicked the link thinking they would be local. Have you had work done by them? Happen to know what sort of turn around times they have?

You know...I never have. But have a few friends that have and have recommended them to other hide members and have never heard a negative thing. A guy I work with is best friends with Andy, he's a good guy, does lots of work for local LE and some .mil work.

I'd guess that if it's a simple solid color job that he sprays on a regular basis that turnaround would be quick.

Oh...and he's got his own vinyl stencil cutter machine....so he can do cool stuff if you want it.

Thanks for the insight now WTF is your point? I asked about firearms refinishing in the gunsmithing section of the forum.

Phylodog has got my barreld action right now doing a black DC coating, PM him i'm sure he can help you out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the insight now WTF is your point? I asked about firearms refinishing in the gunsmithing section of the forum. </div></div>

Sorry, this was supposed to be posted in a different thread about the ads here, but it must have posted here when the other thread was deleted, sorry about that!!

I'll edit it out.

-matt

LOL that was regarding ROBAR.

Seems that there was a time not that long ago wheren just about everybody was refinishing then it sort of thinned out.

Scott I try as often as possible to keep business within the Hide PM inbound.

+1 for 30calsniper

He coated a Lilja barrel for my Sako Quad. Great finish and quick turnaround.

Tim