• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Who is going to Camp Perry?

Re: Who is going to Camp Perry?

I'll be there. Looks like the match schedule for f-class is two matches on Saturday, one on Sunday and one on Monday. Thought we would be able to participate in the Palma match, but doesn't seem to be the case(I'm not shooting in the America's Match, so I'm just considering individual). Not a lot of rounds but probably for the better considering what the weather is like around here.

Does anyone have information contrary to what I have posted?

I am hoping we get to shoot some daily team matches, not just the Americas match. I am also hopeful to shoot the Palma course even though it is not in the program for F class. I am going to call Dennis and try to verify. There are other errors and omitions in the program.
Rob

Rob
Did you ever get an answer about the omission of f-class in the palma match ?

Thanks
Jeff

I am not sure. I think you can pick up your participants packet Friday afternoon. I am traveling with a Camp Perry veteran, and will be following close behind him.
Rob

You need to go to the CMP welcome center to get your packet and wrist band, then head over to the NRA building and you can get your remaining material which should have squading/relay info. Then head over to the trailers to get your gun checked in.

BTW - I do not think the f-class guys will be allowed to shoot the individual palma course because of available line space. Talked to a few people this weekend and last year the palma match was pretty full (i.e. hardly any additional space). Unfortunately no one has been able to confirm this. Personally I'm not planning on shooting the palma match.

Tony

can'tmake it but best of luck to all you guys heading over there.
let us know how it went.
cheers.

You do have the dates correct...they just allow you to pick up your materials a week prior to the match. Since I live close enough, I'm going next weekend to take care of everything. I would imagine you could do it on Saturday Aug. 11th, but I would pick it up the day before if at all possible (that's just me).

I live about 3 hours away and I'd prefer not to make an extra trip or take more than 1 day of vacation. I will see what I can work out. Maybe a roadtrip on the 4th to check the place out.

Unlimited sighters and 20 for record for each match

Camp Perry has a rule, if you are not on paper by the end of the seventh sighter, your to come off the line for that match.

We we're told F-Class will shoot the same course of fire as the slingers, including the palma. The problem on the 800 and 900 yard lines is due to the dirt mounds on the pop up range. They block the number boards under the target frames on one end of the range. They decided to hang a number up on the target frames for F-Class. We may also have to space out between a couple of the dirt mounds on the firing line but its better than being left out.
I was also told to pickup packets on friday because they would not be available early saturday before the match starts.
Jeff

You are going to need approximately 100 rounds for the 4 individual matches - (I'm figuring 5 sighters and 20 record shots per match)and then an additional 52 rounds (13 rounds per) for the shoot-off if you make it. So a minimum of 152 rounds. Now, if you are doing Palma on Tuesday, you'll need an additional 54 rounds or so. So to cover your bases, I'd bring a minimum of 206 rounds.