• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Who is that American 2nd from the left?

Re: Who is that soldier 2nd from the left?

You are correct! The man knows.

That would be the first clue for the rest.

I haven't seen that particular picture - but it looks like Lewis Burwell Puller, better known as "Chesty", who retired as a Marine Corps Lieutenant General. He was awarded the Navy Cross 5 times.

Correct, and the notation says the boots represented the ramains of the enemy.

If I'm not too badly mistaken that is Corporal L. B. Puller and the gent to his Left is a 2nd LT whose name escapes me at the moment. That photo should have been taken in Nicaragua.

Cheers,

Doc

Sorry,

I missed the good Col's rank by a few. Gen Puller is a hero of mine much as GySgt Hathcock is. This difference being that I have spent many a comfortable afternoons in a certian residence on Raff Rd. in conversation with such Sainted individuals. Unfortuately I did not know of "Chesty" until he was long gone, should I be so presumptuous to a$$uME that he would have entertained this young Corpsman's presence, and all his silly questions.

Cheers,

Doc