• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is the best for a Rem 700 police tune up?

Jcorbin94

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2019
Looking to have an early Remington 700 police reworked. It's a low round count safe queen. I loved the work tactical operations did on them.

Is there anyone well recommended to do a similar package to them?

Picture of a tactical operations rifle for reference
tacops700p4.jpg

The only things I did to my 700p was jewell trigger and an ai chassis. It's one of my favorite guns I own, and I probably have the least amount of money into it.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
This cat can be skinned in any number of ways. Our 5x process is exclusive to us and delivers a very predictable outcome. The ability to add elective features without having to pull the part from the fixture mitigates the risk of tolerance stacking.

2+ years on this machine and over 3,000 receivers later we have it ironed out pretty well.

Happy to help.

C.

Attachments

• LRI_Remington Blueprinting_client brochure.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I can say without a doubt you would be happy with LRIs service. Just getting ready to send another one to them myself.

Reactions: Jcorbin94
Reworked how? What do you want done? Honestly I wouldn't do anything to it if it shoots good until you rebarrel. Taking off a factory barrel and doing a bunch of work to put a factory barrel back on is a waste of money IMHO.

I contacted them. They no longer have the package
Like Rob01 said, no need to sink any $$$ until you swap the barrel out then blueprint, match barrel, etc.

Maybe do a trigger upgrade or have yours tuned. Maybe a tactical bolt knob.

My 700P is mostly factory (bell and carlson m40 stock swapped in place of the HS Precision), shoots cloverleafs at 100m and has no problems reaching out to 1000m consistently w/ 169 smks.

Is yours not shooting well (im assuming you shoot it occasionally even though it spends most of its time in the safe)?

Lots good guys out there these days, but my gunsmith is Cole at Tampa Arms Co. He’s done several of my rifles and they’re all shooters. I’ve been trying to get him to sell me some of the fairy dust he sprinkles on his guns because it really works.

Reworked how? What do you want done? Honestly I wouldn't do anything to it if it shoots good until you rebarrel. Taking off a factory barrel and doing a bunch of work to put a factory barrel back on is a waste of money IMHO.
I'm not even sure that's a possibility in most cases without doing something really stupid like parting off the old tenon and cutting the new tenon ten thou over (or however much is needed to clean the factory threads up) to factor in the increased size of the receiver threads.

I'm not even sure that's a possibility in most cases without doing something really stupid like parting off the old tenon and cutting the new tenon ten thou over (or however much is needed to clean the factory threads up) to factor in the increased size of the receiver threads.

It is. People do it and have done it in the past and years there is some work on the barrel itself to do which also is a waste of money.

John Eckenrode of the Marine Reserve Team did one for me doing exactly that. Really surprised at how well a factory barrel could shoot for so long (25 years by calendar, but only 2000 rounds).

I eventually bore-scoped it and while it still shot well decided to finally upgrade to a Bartlein. Haven't shot it yet due to a couple of surgeries.