• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who loves hot sauce? I know i do.

Scott037

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2017
Coos bay, Oregon
I've been digging on habanero stuff lately. The pic is my go to.

Attachments

• 16029990499797892999650988958799.jpg
    16029990499797892999650988958799.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 89
Use to like Tabasco sprinkled over Fritos with a Coke since my Dad started me on it when I was in early teens. Tabasco on Eggs was great too. In my 50's my doctor recommended antacids for my acid reflux, but on my own, I cut out spicy food, then I discovered Cholula, red or green, not as hot and it was sweet too. I have never wanted to burn out my mouth with the hottest thing available, just like something good tasting with a little kick.

I once went tk the doctor thinking my appendix ruptured, I told him I drank a 5th worth of bloody mary’s and two 64oz growlers of hatch green Chile beer in a weekend and he sent me home with a prescription for Prilosec.

I love hot sauces and whatnot. I usually add heat to just about anything/everything. I noticed the jalapeños in Texas pack quite a bit more punch than those in California. There's a wing chain in TX called "Pluckers" and they have a sauce called "Fire in the hole". Its a good'n that'll give you a "fire in the hole" 🤣😂🤣

I enjoy hot sauce quite a bit. However, it has to taste good. I don’t “chase the heat” I don’t like hot just for the sake of hot. Some sauces today are ridiculously hot. I know I have an asshole, I don’t need my food to remind me of it’s location and it’s eminent melt down.

I'm a chipotle whore...chipotle powder on everything now. Noodles, sauer kraut, on chicken and chipotle cholula and Bufalo Brand chipotle sauce on burgers and veggies.

VooDoo

I enjoy hot sauce quite a bit. However, it has to taste good. I don’t “chase the heat” I don’t like hot just for the sake of hot. Some sauces today are ridiculously hot. I know I have an asshole, I don’t need my food to remind me of it’s location and it’s eminent melt down.

Try this one. My personal favorite is the Red Savina but the Mango is noteworthy as well.

Melinda's -- The official site of heat and flavor
melindas.com

Chef Fig's Mango Habanero Key Lime Pie A creamy, mildly tart and luxurious pie with a slight hint of spice! “Huge fan of this brand - I have several, but keep going back to the Scotch Bonnet sauce- it's tremendous. Great snappy balance of flavor & heat - incredible on jerk chicken & pork. Get you some!”
Melinda's Heat Levels · ‎Melinda's Ketchup · ‎Store Locator · ‎Media

Reactions: E-Tool
-El Yucateco - red, green, black
-Various Tabasco flavors - Chipotle is my favorite, Garlic second
-Sriracha sauce

Past 5 years, I’ve really come to like fresh HOT jalapeños in a lot of my food too. I can eat hotter peppers, but I really like the flavor of jalapeños. Pickled jalapeños are just better than nothing.

Try this one. My personal favorite is the Red Savina but the Mango is noteworthy as well.

Melinda's -- The official site of heat and flavor
melindas.com

Chef Fig's Mango Habanero Key Lime Pie A creamy, mildly tart and luxurious pie with a slight hint of spice! “Huge fan of this brand - I have several, but keep going back to the Scotch Bonnet sauce- it's tremendous. Great snappy balance of flavor & heat - incredible on jerk chicken & pork. Get you some!”
Melinda's Heat Levels · ‎Melinda's Ketchup · ‎Store Locator · ‎Media

Funny story...

I was dating a girl shortly after high school and went over her house to meet her parents. We decided we'd cook everyone Mexican for dinner that night. As a young man, I equated spicy food with manliness, so I added a raw red savina pepper to my meal and after cutting the pepper I went to take a leak. Most horrible experience of my life, hands down. I spent about six hours in the bathroom with my junk in a bowl of milk... I had tears and snot running down my face and was sobbing like a little bitch. It was like someone lit my dick on fire and stomped it out with their boot. To make a bad situation worse, I could hear them laughing hysterically through the door the entire time.

We're married with four kids now.

Funny story...

I was dating a girl shortly after high school and went over her house to meet her parents. We decided we'd cook everyone Mexican for dinner that night. As a young man, I equated spicy food with manliness, so I added a raw red savina pepper to my meal and after cutting the pepper I went to take a leak. Most horrible experience of my life, hands down. I spent about six hours in the bathroom with my junk in a bowl of milk... I had tears and snot running down my face and was sobbing like a little bitch. It was like someone lit my dick on fire and stomped it out with their boot. To make a bad situation worse, I could hear them laughing hysterically through the door the entire time.

We're married with four kids now.

I did the same with an habanero. Considered going to the hospital but wtf are you gonna tell them? "My dick is on fire."

My wife and I were on vacation back in the early 80’s, and stayed a couple of nights with friends in Santa Fe, NM. Our guests offered to take us to a well known Mexican restaurant in the Santa Fe area for dinner. One particular menu item caught my eye, and I was undeterred by the three red chili peppers next to the dish. The waitress walks up to take our order, and I proudly give her my choice. She replies, “Sir, this is the hottest item on the menu, I just need to warn you”! The meal arrives, and I start to eat. It was delicious, but sweat begins to bead on my forehead, and run down my face, my eyes are tearing, and my mouth was a blaze! I spent the next two days trying to take a crap without crying. This, my friends, is called a life experience....

Last edited:
My hot sauce requirements kind of goes in waves, sometimes I can’t make my butthole burn enough and sometimes I just need a tiny tingle. Something I’ve been digging lately is this

1603032898039.jpeg

There’s a burger joint in the Denver area called 5280 Burger Bar that has a masterpiece called The Ring of Fire that is great, and that I enjoyed last night. It has a spicy sauce and sautéed seranos & habaneros on it. The great thing about it also is that you get half off a second beer if you order it.

Reactions: FishinGuns
I've been digging on habanero stuff lately. The pic is my go to.
Oh me too, especially ghost pepper. My limit tho is ghost pepper, carolina reaper.... those things are satan’s eggs.

I had some ghost pepper cheese curds a few weeks back that we’re about perfect.

Reactions: Bender
I love good heat. But it has to have flavor, not just hot. Sriracha Is in my top five, as well as tobasco regular and Chipotle style. Franks red hot with butter on wings is still king, but some of the habanero mango at Wing street is amazing. Traditional southern Hot Chicken drizzled with real honey is amazing! Old school homemade Hatch roasted chilies are also in my top five. Spicy Tonkotsu noodles with side pork and a soft egg..... so many good hot stuffs!!!

Their Devil’s Spit sauce was actually borderline mean the last time I had it. Hard after-burn.

Bonus video: There is a reason Fran Dresher is so beautiful. It's to compensate for her voice.

Am I the only one who's asshole doesn't burn when they eat hot sauce?

I used to like hot. And showed off eating hot. Dave's Insanity sauce? Mother's milk.

Now that I am older, oatmeal has me reaching for tums.

Once after eating some real Chipotle, I had the flaming volcanoes so bad it raised a hemorrhoid so bad I was willing to ingest preparation H orally to get rid of the sumbitch.

I grew a few ghost peppers this spring. The frost got em before I could pick em and they got some brown/dead spots in em. I have them hanging in the kitchen now, and will use the seeds to try again next year.

I was turned on to this stuff today. Great flavor, and decent kick.

cbc1.jpg

There was a burger joint in Lincoln that had a hot wing challenge.

They went through the whole "sign a waiver" thing and you had to wear gloves.

Those wings were the hottest thing I've ever eaten in my life.

But, you couldn't just gobble them all up in a minute and be done.

They started the clock and you begin eating one wing.

After 60 seconds, you could start on the second one.

After two minutes, the third wing, etcetera.

I got about three and a half wings in and I threw in the towel.

I couldn't get the heat out of my head. My whole mouth, my nose, my throat. Everything was in fire.

And I could feel the heat travel through my body. My stomach's even burned.

And all night long I was on the shitter feeling like a nuke went off in my ass.

I like hot stuff, but damn, son. Never again.

I used to like hot. And showed off eating hot. Dave's Insanity sauce? Mother's milk.

Now that I am older, oatmeal has me reaching for tums.

Once after eating some real Chipotle, I had the flaming volcanoes so bad it raised a hemorrhoid so bad I was willing to ingest preparation H orally to get rid of the sumbitch.

Damn - at least I'm not the only one.

I was a "pepperhead" before that was a thing I do believe. Back awhile, munched my own, home grown, habeneros, whole and by the handful. Now, peppers somewhere around 1.5M scovilles these days... that shit ended (Reapers, Ghost). Peppers today are insanely hot - what used to be "capsicum extract" to get there is now "normal" for the fruit alone.

Even worse, I have become lame and the peppers do NOT love me as I love them anymore. :LOL: Story of my life.

The mildest shit now makes me reach for the Tums.

But, a couple people mentioned Famous Dave products. Back in the day, he was original. He got swamped with competition. That all said-I still use his shit today, across the board. I do believe he is going under. Very sad.

The chili garlic is damn good, but needs a bit more kick.

All this stuff is fantastic as well

All this stuff is fantastic as well

I've got a bottle of Habanero in the fridge right now. It is damn good. Had the chance to try the Jalapeno a few weeks back and damn, the flavor was spot on.

FAMOUS DAVE's??? We have a restaurant in Reno. There Bar-B-Q is awesome. They have have won many a prize at the Best of the West Bar-B-Q contests held in Sparks. I have been going every year since 1965 when I moved here. Alas, it has been cancelled this year due to the pandemic. I can't wait for it to be over with so I can go to the restaurant and have some burnt ends.

Cholula is the bomb. I love all their stuff!

I will share with you my favorite recipe for my favorite breakfast bomb.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take one can of corned beef hash. and put the contents in a skillet.

IMG_2372.jpg

Then take a consumate number of chopped red peppers and cherry tomatoes that have been cut in half and layer on top of the hash.

IMG_2373.jpg

Place the skillet in the oven for twenty minutes. Remove then crack two eggs over this redneck casserole.

IMG_2374.jpg

Put the skillet back in the oven for eight minutes if you like your eggs well done. Probably half that time if you like them over easy. Then remove.

IMG_2375.jpg

Then spread sharp cheddar cheese over the simmering sensation.

IMG_2376.jpg

Place the skillet back in the oven for two minutes then remove.

IMG_2377.jpg

You can probably eat this right out of the skillet but the more sophisticated and discriminating diners will use a spatula to place your creation in a plate or bowl.

IMG_2378.jpg

You are now ready to top off the breakfast bomb with massive quantities of Cholula. Bon appétit!

IMG_2379.jpg

Reactions: Sean the Nailer