• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who made that brass.....

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
I know this is a pretty specific forum, but some general questions on brass. Some of the "general" gun forums I just can't stand ****cough THR*****cough. And the folks here seem to know quite a bit.

Not anything "long range", but more odd duck type brass, I bought from Graff some brass for 30 Remington. The head stamp is Graff. These folk are in my neck of the woods and I have been there.....I don't think they make brass. I have used RCC for some really odd duck old cartridges, and they have their stamp on them.

Wondering if anyone knows does Graff make their own brass, or have a contract with someone else and they put the graf stamp on it.

No real reason, I have had great luck with their stuff, but I also have never loaded anywhere near max on these old rifles.

Ive heard of several different factories at separate points in time for other chamberings, could be anything. Call them and ask would be the best bet for a real answer.

May want to anneal that brass first though

I did not know about that. Read the link and will keep a close eye on mine, thanks. I have not done that but then I don't push the old rifles very hard at all. With an automatic I will start with the bottom load and work my way up to reliable function of the rifle, then fiddle around there for groups. I know some of my brass has 4 loadings on them and I have not noticed anything yet....but I will keep a close eye on it, and likely anneal them even if they look ok. This stuff does not grow on trees.

Reactions: spife7980