• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who makes 9/16 24thread muzzle brakes

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
got a 6.5 grendel alexander arms upper built but i don't like any of their brakes, anyone else make one or use one they like? would like to use a surefire but can't find one that would fit

Re: who makes 9/16 24thread muzzle brakes

Might just have to bite the bullet and have it retreaded. Or does someone make an adapter?

Brownells has a bunch, but they are all pepperpot style just like AA's. With one exception, the R3e2c, but that is for a .30 cal. I'm pretty sure it won't be real effective for the Grendel. It's also for higher volume than what the Grendel case holds. Yankee hill makes a linear slotted one that would work well if you just want to bore it out for 6.5 and ream and re-thread it 9/16x24 from 1/2x28.

FWIW, I couldn't find any lateral slotted types either. Not without having one made.

Doesn't AA sell the WCI brake in that thread size, its definitely one of the best out there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got a 6.5 grendel alexander arms upper built but i don't like any of their brakes, anyone else make one or use one they like? would like to use a surefire but can't find one that would fit

</div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099">Try these guys, they built a tack driver upper in 6.5 Grendel for me last August. Very cool to deal with.

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/6-5-gr...-24-thread.html

Good Luck,
Matt</span></span>