• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes a 6" AR15 handguard

Waorani

Crusty Caballero
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Greenbow, AL
Looking for a 6-6.25" handguard for a build but only ones I've been able to find are Midwest Ind Combat Rail and SLR Ion Ultralight. I like the SLR and at 6.25" would be perfect but pushing $300 by the time you add cerakote. Surely there's got to be some other alternatives, preferably in FDE?

I got this one (you referenced) to replace the longer handguard on a Springfield Saint AR pistol ... needed to expose the threads to shoot suppressed. Not cheap, but it's awesome and works perfectly for what I wanted. I know it's more than you wanted to spend, but just thought a real-life recommendation would be helpful.

Reactions: Waorani
Just buy one you like and cut it down

Well duh, never thought about that! Ever seen a modern m-lok/keymod/etc rail that you could cut at any point and end up with a flush cut?

It would not be perfect and Not every style will match at 6” but there are ones that will. Go to a shop and measure rails.

Shit, I bet adco would cut and weld one if you need it to be perfect.

Thanks for suggestions but after a little more scrounging, I cheaped out and found an off-brand in FDE for $80. Probably means I'll end up having to get the SLR anyway. I've got a couple of MW rails and had seen the new combat rail but just wasn't