• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes a 7 WSM??

Re: Who makes a 7 WSM??

Rem does not make one, but they do make a 300WSM that you can buy and rebarrel to a 7WSM with ease, same bolt face and all.

I was just told Savage makes too.

17540 SAVAGE 11FL HNTR 7MM WSM LH AC $433

17579 SAVAGE 16FXP3 7MM WSM PKG SS $575

But I can't find them on Savages site. Weird. Also seems browning makes em.

PS...just downloaded the 2009 catalog. They came out with them this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem does not make one, but they do make a 300WSM that you can buy and rebarrel to a 7WSM with ease, same bolt face and all. </div></div>

BINGO.....BINGO.....BINGO!!!!!

That's soooo freaking cool to hear.......That's exactly what I want to do. I was wondering about that, but thought there was something I was missing, and would sound like an ass for asking.

What brand of barrel would you guys recommend and who/where would you get it from, and how much do they cost?

Joe, if I recall correctly, you mentioned Rock Creek said an 8.7 twist rate was the best for the 180VLD's?

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem does not make one, but they do make a 300WSM that you can buy and rebarrel to a 7WSM with ease, same bolt face and all. </div></div>

BINGO.....BINGO.....BINGO!!!!!

That's soooo freaking cool to hear.......That's exactly what I want to do. I was wondering about that, but thought there was something I was missing, and would sound like an ass for asking.

What brand of barrel would you guys recommend and who/where would you get it from, and how much do they cost?

Joe, if I recall correctly, you mentioned Rock Creek said an 8.7 twist rate was the best for the 180VLD's?

-Pat </div></div>

You are correct, Paul over at Rock recommended 1 in 8.7 for the 180's, and my barrel should ship at the end of the month. I would go with Rock, they seem to be the only ones doing group buys to help us shooters out, they deserve your money!

Thanks Joe.

I'm also glad you mentioned Rock Creek and how they support the Hide members group buys. Has there been any mention when the next one will come along?

-Pat