• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who makes a good beater scope for under 400$

beretta989

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
South Dakota Huron area
Im looking for a decent scope for my ar-15 coyote rig its a 16inch heavey barral rig and a 4-16x50 would be plenty just looking for somthing I can maybe paint and not feel bad I have nightforce and leupolds on my bolt guns but don't like to beat on them.

Re: Who makes a good beater scope for under 400$

I would go with the 4-14 Falcon FFP.

Simmons 4.5-14. The big objective and gold lettering for about 100. I have them on a lever .22 and a .204. Either swaps to the AR.

For the money, you can beat the shit out of them and not cry!

I use the nikon 4.5-14x40 Buckmaster with mil-dot for my woodchuckin, coyote beater. Its been in the hay fields at 100 degrees and in the snow in feb. at -21F.Around $250

The vortex Viper is in that range right now with the rebate and its a good scope. You can also pickup a Nikon Monarch from the SWFA samplelist for that money.

MILLETT 6-25x56 Riflescope a little more than 400 but looks like a good deal to me

+1 on Buckmaster. I have the 4-14 mildot on an AR and plan to switch it to my .223 SPS Rem.

AG in NC

If you can be happy with a fixed 10X, I would go for the Super Sniper 30mm scope. They are a tuff to beat for the money. If you are looking for more closeup work with less magnification then don't pick this. The SS is a top notch scope for the jingle though........SmokeRolls

Nikon Buckmaster and Vortex Viper.

However, don't overlook the Vortex Diamondback, a very awesome scope for the money, as long as you don't need a mildot reticle.

Scott

I have a Vortex Viper and am very happy with it.

Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14 mil-dot (very good glass), or the new Super Sniper 3x9 FFP. The Falcon 4x14 FFP is also quite nice.

Nikon all the way. I have the 6X18 mildot on one of my Savages and it is every bit as good if not better than the $500 loopy on my other Savage

Weaver 4x-16x....mattte finish and fingertip adjustable turrets. They are extremely repeatable. I think around $389. No mil dot reticles though. You cal also find a used Leupold 6x-18x for around that price, but the Weaver is more repeatable.

i picked up a falcon and it does everything i could ever want in a sub 400 scope

I have a vortex viper and I just don't see how it could get any better for that price range!

i say super sniper fix or var scope; since they came out with the new 3-9 magnification