• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who makes a good fixed 10x?

dmachine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2004
RI
I want a good 10x scope, something rugged, small, real good glass, and won't break the bank. I'd like to keep it below $800 if I can. What do you think?

Re: Who makes a good fixed 10x?

+1, mk4 10x are good to go!if you dont want to pay $800 and up for a good used one then get a bushnell elite 10x.

+1 MK4 Leupold 10X USMC Mildot, if you can get one - because there is no reason i can see to get rid of such a great scope.

I have used the XTR. I liked it a lot as an entry level scope as it has really good glass. The only downsides are 1/4" clicks vice 1/4 MOA and it is a bit long.

The XTR has 1/4 MOA click adjustments. It just so happens that 1/4 MOA at 100y is about 1/4".

I have four recommendatios, all budget dependent for precision longish range shooting. All four have proven to be good in glass and repeatability of adjustment, and all four have the elevation travel to take a 308 to 1000 yds.

$150-Bushnell 3200 10X Mildot. rksimple's Schmidt und Bender went tits up at the Tactics Precision Rifle Challenge last weekend and he shot the 200-600 yd stage and the night stage (300-400 yd night shoot, 100 yd precision paper) with a Bushnell 3200 10XMD and placed 12th.

$300-Super Sniper. Don't bother with the extra $100 for side focus, just get the rear and shoot the hell out of it. I've beat the crap out of them and they never failed me.

$700-900. Find a used 10X MK4. The fixed power MK4's are the real deal in the leupy line, not just a snazzy tacticool VXIII.

$900+ US Optics ST10. Anything you want and an amazing optic. I just got a 37mm obj ST10 with #3moa turrets, lit moa reticle, and Ergo objective. Honestly the 37mm ST10 is clearer at 100yds than my 44mm SN3 is. Amazing little scope.

Buy once cry once, if you are starting out I'd buy the Super Sniper and spend the savings on ammo/training. Then when you have figured out what you may be lacking to fit your shooting needs, you can make well founded sound investment in really good glass, not just the latest thing you read about online.

USO ST-10x, you won't be disapointed. Have them set Parralax at 300 yards and you won't have any problems from 100-1,000 yards. Plus they are built like a tank. PAT.

St-10, EREC, Illuminated,Ergo. Ready to play any game well.

I KNOW I don't want anything from Leupold, I'm all done with them. The IOR & the USO sound good, I think I'll check them both out. I'm guessing the USO is pretty pricy though. How poor is that $300 10x scope SWFA sell's, I think it's called the "Super Sniper Scope" or something like that. I bought a 16x one, (I think it was a 16x one anyway, it was the mid power one,) when they first came out. I hated it and sent it right back. The glass was not all that clear and the crosshair was to fat for pin point shooting. However, I remember at the time people were telling me that the 10x one was better and it was the only one of those scopes to buy. Is this true? And if so, does it come anywhere near the IOR glass?

SS Super Sniper Scope 16 X power I have. Yesterday,play with it and did came up with a issuse. have trouble obtaining and holding a sight picture,also to quicking locatoed a target is a joke. Focous for correct yards have been set correct,any suggestions? Theplain Leouplod II 3 X 9 power beats it hands down!

+10,000 on US Optics ST-10
With your projected budget you are right on the edge for a NEW ST-10 by US Optics. DO it. You will NOT be disappointed. This is a top of the line scope that will serve you very well and not be matched in clarity.
If you can find a used one, go for it. The Customer Service will follow it to you, and you can even send it back for a total check up.

+10,001 on the USO ST-10. Even if you have to wait just a little and save the extra money, you'll be MUCH happier. You can tell a lot by which scopes sell as used scopes. The ST-10's sell almost immediately and for good prices because people know the quality and that it will last. People also know that unless you've damaged the lenses, there's almost nothing the previous owner could have done to it to damage it that is not noticeable on a picture (i.e. if it was run over by a truck or something rediculous). It's not that there aren't other options, but the others really don't compare unless your talking about a S&B...which is well above the price range you were describing (as opposed to the USO, which is just within reach). Good luck and good shooting!