• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who makes a good piston driven SBR 14" or less

LWRC. Combat proven and just straight up top notch shit.

Seconds on the LWRC. Currently 6 LWRC SBR's listed on Gunbroker. The nice thing I've noticed about LWRC through the past 2 elections is that the price pretty much stays the same regardless of the panic-market. Their rifles were in the 2k-2500 range in 2007, stayed there after the 2008 election panic, and are still pretty much in that same zone.
Alot of rifles you'll pay that money for during a panic just aren't worth the money once the panic is over. LWRC seems to keep pretty true to value.

Wait for LWRC varies depending on who you're getting them from. Shop around, be patient, and have about $2500 ready to drop in an instant. $2,500 is a fair price to pay for what is, IMHO, pretty much the most reliable and accurate combat (not competition) AR on the market. Barrels are rated for 20,000 rounds (straight from their website), their piston system is the best period, and they just plain work. The MARSOC operators I had the pleasure of talking with in country raved about them.

I went with a scar 16.... I'll submit my form 1 and shoot it in the configuration it is in now until my paper work is approved.

Why Piston?... It offers nothing but more weight, more expense, less accuracy and no difference in reliability unless your talking under 10".

LWRC is a waste of money, they are made here locally , and for the money KAC/LMT/DD/Noveske are all MUCH better products for less money.

Its your money however.......... If you have to have piston, go HK or LMT.

Daniel defense Mk18. Not piston driven, but $1k less than the LWRC and a tier 1 SBR.

LWRC is not a waste at all. I would also offer up the PWS Diablo, you won't be disappointed and a very good price!

Tapatalk2

All the LWRC's I've owned (4 of them) ran like a top... I didn't like the weight of the system (and thats nothing more than opinion based). It's a fine tool.

+1 for LWRC. I have a 8,5" PSD that I converted to full auto for my shop and other than the occasional cleaning it never even hiccups. I have a SCAR 16s, but the hammer snapped in half after a couple thousand rounds. Not very common, but it makes me question the SCAR. That bein' said I think the SCAR is nicer to shoot.

+1 for LWRC. I have a 8,5" PSD that I converted to full auto for my shop and other than the occasional cleaning it never even hiccups. I have a SCAR 16s, but the hammer snapped in half after a couple thousand rounds. Not very common, but it makes me question the SCAR. That bein' said I think the SCAR is nicer to shoot.

not to hijack this thread, but can you post a pic of the damage? The scar trigger is probably the worst trigger I have ever felt, but the rest of the unit is pretty solid.

I have had a colt, lmt, and lwrc piston
the colt sucked and is stupid loud with a can
LMT is the best i have had

LWRC. Combat proven and just straight up top notch shit.

I agree you can't go wrong with an LWRC - I have owned six of them and currently have four - three of them in 6.8 spc and a REPR. My 556s are my own builds with 223 Wylde barrels from AR Precision.
As far as being less accurate - I don't think so. The action of the piston is not engaged until the projectile has long left the barrel. Less acurate is more a funtion of chamber and barrel. You give up some accuracy for more reliability. Military weapons are not the most accurate as they are built for reliablily in less than favorable conditions and handling practices.
The advantage of a piston is that hot carbon laden gasses are not forced back into the action fouling the bolt and the carrier.
My LWRCs have externally field adjustable gas blocks which I favor for suppressed shooting.
They also have one piece heavy duty bolt carriers and enhanced hardened bolts. Not that I need them but I like them. Not that I need an AR but I like them. Not that I need all my rifles and shotguns - but I like them.
I don't like LMT as they are big boys on the block and I have seen them bully smaller manufacturers. I tend to support smaller companies that produce quality products. I stay out of WalMart and buy American made products when available and if priced affordably.

not to hijack this thread, but can you post a pic of the damage? The scar trigger is probably the worst trigger I have ever felt, but the rest of the unit is pretty solid.

I would but that was about 8 months ago and I have since then replaced the hammer. If I can find the hammer that snapped in half I'll put a pic up (I've got boxes of parts everywhere). It was the only piece that busted though, and its been flawless since. I will be doing a full auto conversion here in the next few weeks, so fingers crossed it doesn't do it again. SOrry about that Blasst, we're done hijacking.

I would but that was about 8 months ago and I have since then replaced the hammer. If I can find the hammer that snapped in half I'll put a pic up (I've got boxes of parts everywhere). It was the only piece that busted though, and its been flawless since. I will be doing a full auto conversion here in the next few weeks, so fingers crossed it doesn't do it again. SOrry about that Blasst, we're done hijacking.

let us know how she runs.... thanks for the response