• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes a good...

1666765770971.png

has a long finger lol

The below info was posted on 308ar.com forum. Maybe you have an AR15 bolt catch instead of the 308?
20220429_134345.thumb.jpg.94e4c45c7a201cb0272da1a80a3e4623.jpg

"Aero on the left, Forward Controls on the right. AR15 on the top, 308 on the bottom ..."

• Wow
Reactions: Sako man

More info. The board owner over there posted this below info. He is talking about the bottom left hand corner in of the bolt catches in the below picture.

98Z5V Posted April 29
On 4/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, ehall said:
AR15 on the top, 308 on the bottom

20220429_134345.jpg

Do me a favor, if you will. AR15 bolt catches on top. Blow that little corner off them, like the .308AR catches on the bottom. That little right-angle corner gains you nothing, but it can hinder upward travel, and affect the range that the BC will move. Any .308AR catch that you ever find, that has that little corner - removed it with a 45* angle, just like the ones in your pic here. That WILL affect a .308AR.

More info. The board owner over there posted this below info. He is talking about the bottom left hand corner in of the bolt catches in the below picture.

98Z5V Posted April 29

On 4/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, ehall said:​

AR15 on the top, 308 on the bottom​

20220429_134345.jpg

Do me a favor, if you will. AR15 bolt catches on top. Blow that little corner off them, like the .308AR catches on the bottom. That little right-angle corner gains you nothing, but it can hinder upward travel, and affect the range that the BC will move. Any .308AR catch that you ever find, that has that little corner - removed it with a 45* angle, just like the ones in your pic here. That WILL affect a .308AR.​

I'll give that a shot.

Don't have that one. On the subject of bolt catches, I have seen several std AR15s that had the follower not engage the bolt catch due to either the bolt catch slot or the magazine well or both, slightly mislocated. Swapping in Magpul followers solved the problem with 30 round USGI magazines. The Universal Industries are the best USGI 20 rounders.
I have tried several magazines of various makes, no dice. So not sure it's the followers??? could be but seems iffy.

I have tried several magazines of various makes, no dice. So not sure it's the followers??? could be but seems iffy.
How about lancers? The black ones work great in the GII. Odd thing though other colors gave the same problems as you are having. You would think they are all the same.