• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes a pointed solid 9mm bullet

rifleman1981

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
nw oklahoma
To start out, I’m not looking to load ap rounds in a pistol, but I am looking for a pointed bullet, the sharper the better, to load for penetration purposes. Ft Scott Munitions sells a loaded round similar to what I’m wanting, but I’d rather be able to tune it and load it the way I want it loaded. I shot a pig last year in the head 5 times with a 147 gold dot hollow point and only one round d did any damage and it broke his jaw. The other 4 rounds just mushroomed out and stunned him, but never penetrated. The next 10 rounds were in the ribs and none of them penetrated deep enough to do any real damage to the vitals. I’m not here to discuss swapping calibers, I’ve got a 10mm what I want is exactly what I’ve stated, a pointed, solid copper or brass pointed bullet that will penetrate or tumble upon impact. Anybody know of anything that’s available in that general description? I did some googling but didn’t come up with the desired results.

• Wow
Reactions: simonp
I did some googling but didn’t come up with the desired results.

There is a reason.

The Lehigh "extreme penetrators" supposedly do that, but do little else on the way through. But that's just in gel and water, which doesn't mean much. They will just run away with holes in them.

Last edited:
A pointed mono bullet would no doubt draw the attention of the alphabet gang for being AP handgun ammo.

A pointed mono bullet would no doubt draw the attention of the alphabet gang for being AP handgun ammo.
I don’t see the reason it would be any different than what these guys are doing. I had an 06 and custom loaded ammo for years and never saw anything that would make me think this would upset the atf.

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpeg
    IMG_2036.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 22
That hole in the nose for one, makes it.... a shitty hollow point, but "less evil".

I’d check out Lost River Ammunition’s 148 Hard Cast +P.
If that bounces off a piggy’s skull, you better climb a tree.
He also has high performance 10mm and .45 ACP cast ammo.
Never tried any of it, as I cast and load my own, but have read very good things.

Reactions: rifleman1981