• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who makes a solid, but affordable scope mount?

Rockrivr1

TD Arms
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Mass
I recently purchased a RRA Lar-8, which is their version of the AR-10. I've also just found a great deal on a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T scope. Now that I have the rifle and the scope, I need to find a quality mount to put them together. I was looking at the LaRue LT-104, but it costs $195 plus shipping.

I know I shouldn't skimp on the mount, but I also don't want to overspend for a name. Albiet LaRue does have a great reputation. My only requirement is that it be a quick disconnect one piece base. So question is whether there are any other quality/affordable/solid mounts out there that is at a better price point?

Thanks for the advice.

Re: Who makes a solid, but affordable scope mount?

Look to your screen name if you want a budget option...........

Just torque the nuts the same each time and the RRA mount is repeatable.

I'm as much of a tightwad as anyone, but if I had a $1,500 rifle and a $1,000 scope a $200 mount that is one of the best on the market wouldn't bother me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTriever</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #3333FF">GO HERE</span> for info. I use the Armalite mounts. Good quality for the price. </div></div>

Thanks for the link. This really helps.

Ok, I'll agree that I'm frugal in some areas as well. I've used LaRue for a Trijicon mount before and I like it. My thing is that I'm not sure what other quality options are out there. The link helps a lot.

Good link, and actually tha Armalite is the one I was thinking of, not RRA's.

If you want solid, the best route is a riser with some slope, and any good set of rings.

If you want QD, LaRue LT158 is the way to go (dependent of how high you want). I personally run USO Posi mounts because they are the only quality QD's I know of that get the scopes low enough for my face (1.2").

I agree with sobrbiker883, I hae had the best luck with a riser/base and standard rings, I dont find the need for a detatchable base for the AR10, AR15 with multiple optics platforms, sure. Here are a few pics of mounts that have served me well

GG&G canted riser with standard rings
1f15ee4c.jpg

Accuracy Int base (28 MOA)
d281dd86.jpg

Badger 20MOA riser, Seekins rings
Picture733.jpg

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm as much of a tightwad as anyone, but if I had a $1,500 rifle and a $1,000 scope a $200 mount that is one of the best on the market wouldn't bother me. </div></div>

I'll 2nd that thought. I have 6 Larue mounts on my guns and no complaints at all about the money I've spent with LT. $200 for a top quality mount (+ hat and swag) is a bargain......
wink.gif