• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes custom AR-10 complete uppers?

strider09

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
wichita KS.
does anyone know who makes AR-10 uppers?
I have an AR-10, an DPMS lr-308 but I am seriously considering ordering a new upper for it. I just don't really like the looks, especially the slick slide. would rather have the other type.
I think I may just try to sell my complete upper as that may be easier then giving whoever I place the order through my upper and then haveing parts left over, or trying to sell just the parts (barrel,upper receiver, tube,etc.), it should also have the benifit of getting some of the money back that the new upper will cost.
I am debateing between going with a .260 if anyone does them or staying with the .308. but either way I know that I want something with outstanding accuracy.
Was thinking about maybe useing GAP but is there any other companies to look at as well? I know when asking about price everyone say that there is no exception for good quality and you shouldn't look at price, but, I am not a rich man so I must think about price as well, so Who is best for price/performance?
Any opinions?

Re: Who makes custom AR-10 complete uppers?

Are you looking for an AR10 or a LR308 upper?

Either way right now you probably won't be able to find anything the way the market is. GAP makes good stuff for LR308s and AR10s and Noveske makes excellent AR10 uppers, though they call theirs "N6" but it is built on the Armalite AR10 pattern. Armalite used to offer .260 barrels/uppers (also .243, and .300 RSAUM at one time) too but I bet they won't be doing them for a while as they can't keep up with demand for the regular items let alone special runs.

I'm getting a GAP built 6.5 upper eventually... I have the lower about ready, just saving money right now.

I'm not getting in no hurry though, AR stuff is pretty messed up right now. Parts are hard to come by, even for the retailers...

Wow really confusing post... But since he said AR10, there's only one AR10. Anyways...

JPrifles
GAP
Noveske
AccuracySystemInc

I'm pretty sure there's more.

Add Fulton Armory and APA to the list too.

sorry, I while I know that there is only one AR , Armalite, I carelessly refer to all larger AR- type rifles as AR-10 (america rifle 10), and all smaller caliber as AR-15. this is my mistake and I hope it did not offend anyone, and appologize if it has.

The lower is a DPMS lr-308 lower. not an Armalite lower.
I know that I won't be finding anything on the shelf right now, and I don't mind the wait, but I do want to get in the waiting que of somewhere so I can at least get the waiting started and the searching finished.
What parts could be found ahead of time that I could send in to speed up the process once I found a company to make the barrel? besides the upper receiver, firing pin, charging handle, bolt assymbly, is there anything else?

Let me know what you decide on.

I've been thinking of a different upper for my DPMS also.