• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes LOW Cantilever Mounts (for 30mm and 34mm tubes)?

JungleShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2019
Lima, PERU

❓ Who makes LOW Cantilever Mounts (for both 30mm and 34mm tubes)?

Most of what I have found state 1.5" (3.8cm) from center of ring to top of picatinny rail. = too much!
What models are out there that are lower than 1.5"?

Also, I need at least 1.5" (4-5cm) cantilever offset.

If I can get it, I'd love a QD.

Any suggestions?
Thanks! 😊

Matthias

Badger makes a lower one. Not QD, but 1/2" standard nuts.
I think it's 1.43" or 1.37" or something around there.

American Defense Manufacturing ... I have a bunch of them and they're awesome.

American Defense Manufacturing ... I have a bunch of them and they're awesome.

I have to say these as I've recently found out first hand that I cant use a stock with a cheek rest on a standard AR15 they are so low.

It’s not Gucci… probably the opposite, but utg pro makes a really low one. The price makes it feel like a sacrilege but mine I put on a 223 spr hasn’t had any issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aadmount AR Mounts 30 and 34 mm

The cantilevered 30 and 34mm mounts are 1.45" from top of rail to center of scope. The cantilever extends about 1.7" from the base.

30MMGII1.jpg

It's a nice, sturdy base. I've got the 34mm and have no complaints.

Website shows that they are out of stock. But you might be able to contact Jon and see it they can be ordered. Or you might be able to find one used...

The old school badger unimounts are 1.4. The JP flat top mounts are 1.47.

❓ Who makes LOW Cantilever Mounts (for both 30mm and 34mm tubes)?

Most of what I have found state 1.5" (3.8cm) from center of ring to top of picatinny rail. = too much!
What models are out there that are lower than 1.5"?

Also, I need at least 1.5" (4-5cm) cantilever offset.

If I can get it, I'd love a QD.

Any suggestions?
Thanks! 😊

Matthias

This is about as close as you're going to get: https://geissele.com/super-precision-scope-mount-30mm-high-power-mount-long-black.html

Wow, you gave me some homework! 😄 Thanks for all your input. 👍🏼

Most of the models mentioned are around the typical 1.5" (±0.1") from rail to scope saddle.... — so not really LOW (and excluded from the list below, unless they had something special to offer).

Here's the collection so far. Still open for more suggestions! 👍🏼

Matthias

🔸 The manufacturer AD is a bit stingy with details of their mounts, but finally I found a specs sheet (the one that is really lower is not cantilevered, so no joy) (cf. image):

Scopes.   Mounts.   American Defense (AD).  AD Recon Mounts.  Specs.jpg

🔸 $40: UTG Accu-Sync Cantilever Mount (No. AIR31834):
1.30" low | Cantilevered 2", or 1.4" | in 3 colors

🔸 $260: Nightforce is stingy with info as well, no diagrams anywhere to be found....
1.125" or 1.036" low* | Cantilevered 2" and maybe 3" — this is just a wild guess
*[website contradict each other, the model naming conventions, everything is rather confusing]

🔸 $135: Burris AR-Signature QD P.E.P.R. Mounts (no. 410352)
1.5" | Cantilevered 2.5"
⭐QD
⭐ Elevation adjustable from 0 to 47MOA, in 7 steps, with inserts

🔸 205$: GG&G SOCOM2 Accucam Quick Detach Mount:
Can someone confirm the low height of only 1.26"...? The photos don't seem to support that.... 🤔
1.26"??? | Cantilevered 3"
⭐QD

🔸 $350: Geissele Super Precision Mount
•(no. 05-500B):
1.35" | Cantilevered 3" (guessed)
•(no. 05-494B):
1.35" | Cantilevered 2" (guessed)

🔸 $254: SIG Alpha3 Mounts (SOA30001)
1.375" low | Cantilevered 2" (wild guess) | only 30mm tubes

🔸 $42: Remarkable because it's a fairly low 2-piece cantilever from UTG from the Accu-Sync Cantilever Mount line (No. AIR322S):
1.46" low | Cantilevered 1.5" | in 3 colors
⭐2-piece

[later addition:]
🔸 $ 410: Spuhr (No. SP-3026)
1.26" low | Cantilevered 2.7" | only 30mm tubes

[later addition, I missed this one:]
🔸 $253: Bobro Extended Precision Optic Mount (add $15 for 34 and 35mm)
1.575" low* | Cantilevered 2" | Tube sizes: 1" | 30mm | 34mm | 35mm
⭐ 0 or 20MOA**
⭐ QD (choose lever to be on left or right side)
Link: https://www.bobroengineering.com/Extended-Precision-Optic-Mount_p_20.html

🔸$243: Bobro Standard Precision Optic Mount (add $15 for 34 and 35mm)
1.42" low* | Cantilevered 1.7" guessed | Tube sizes: 1" | 30mm | 34mm | 35mm
⭐ 0 or 20MOA**
Link: https://www.bobroengineering.com/Standard-Precision-Optic-Mount_p_12.html

* The Bobro webpage says: "Height: 1.420" from top of 1913 to tube center." For the Extended mount: 1.575" ➔ Well, for which tube size is this true? I am going to assume it is true for the most common tube, i.e., 30mm, and so 1.420 isn't bad (1.575 less so). The mount base would have to be progressively lower if this same height applied to 34 and 35mm as well.

** Careful (unless I'm thinking this wrong): If you want mount your scope further forward with a cantilever mount, the MOA cant will work for you. But, if you want to mount your scope further backward with the cantilever, the MOA will work against you, you will have 20MOA less elevation adjustment available in your turret with a mount with MOA cant. In that case better buy a 0-MOA mount. | For this latter arrangement, only the Burris AR-Signature QD P.E.P.R. Mounts allow you to increase MOA cant because the 20 MOA cant is not built into the mount but is achieved with shims.

👍🏼 Matthias

Last edited:
The GG&G certainly looks like it could 0.25" lower their AR height mounts. They make solid stuff, I'd trust their specs.

Thanks, I will add the Spuhr to the list above. 👍🏼

And I should probably call GG&G to make sure. Thanks for your comment, Neurotic, I might be more so than your screen name. 😉

Matthias

Reactions: Neurotic
Well, I missed the Bobro.
It's interesting, because they offer so many variations:

🔸 $253: Bobro Extended Precision Optic Mount (add $15 for 34 and 35mm)
1.575" low* | Cantilevered 2" | Tube sizes: 1" | 30mm | 34mm | 35mm
⭐ 0 or 20MOA**
Link: https://www.bobroengineering.com/Extended-Precision-Optic-Mount_p_20.html

🔸$243: Bobro Standard Precision Optic Mount (add $15 for 34 and 35mm)
1.42" low* | Cantilevered 1.7" guessed | Tube sizes: 1" | 30mm | 34mm | 35mm
⭐ 0 or 20MOA**
Link: https://www.bobroengineering.com/Standard-Precision-Optic-Mount_p_12.html

* The Bobro webpage says: "Height: 1.420" from top of 1913 to tube center." For the Extended mount: 1.575"
➔ Well, for which tube size is this true? I am going to assume it is true for the most common tube, i.e., 30mm, and so 1.420 isn't bad (1.575 less so). The mount base would have to be progressively lower if this same height applied to 34 and 35mm as well.

** Careful (unless I'm thinking this wrong):
If you want mount your scope further forward with a cantilever mount, the MOA cant will work for you. But, if you want to mount your scope further backward with the cantilever, the MOA will work against you, you will have 20MOA less elevation adjustment available in your turret with a mount with MOA cant. In that case better buy a 0-MOA mount.
For this latter arrangement, only the Burris AR-Signature QD P.E.P.R. Mounts allow you to increase MOA cant because the 20 MOA cant is not built into the mount but is achieved with shims.

Matthias 👍🏼

PS: 308Pirate, is your question directed to me — i.e., are you asking ME why I try to mount my scope low and with a cantilever? 😊

As mentioned before, Spuhr makes 32mm tall mounts in 30mm and 34mm diameter, model numbers SP-3026 and SP-4026 respectively. Both have a 2.75" cantilever.

Reactions: MSTN
The only mount that I know of that meets your criteria are the NF and Geissele (my current mount) service rifle mounts but lots of SR shooters use a cantilever riser with low rings (which is what I started with). Except for my SR, I can't really see why I would need a scope that low or that far forward. What are you trying to do?

Perhaps for something like a Foxtrot Mike FM15 that has a higher pic rail than a normal AR, but still a split between the receiver and handguard... Or some other non-AR thing...