• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes the 700CP Chassis and Mags?

Chingon

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 28, 2012
    NOVA
    So I bought some MDT .223 mags for my build using this chassis and they don't lock into place...so I got to thinking who makes the chassis and what mags fit? According to Remington's website, AICS Pattern mags should do the trick...except MDT mags?

My McRee's chassis uses MDT mags just fine. I got the BR-15 chassis in LA and SA.

Yeah, but they don't fit mine. I'm trying to track down who makes the CP chassis and what mags work. If anyone has one in .223 or .300 BO, what kind of mags do you use?

My McRee's chassis uses MDT mags just fine. I got the BR-15 chassis in LA and SA.

I get your question now. Misunderstood it at first. I run MDT mags in both of mine.

These mags might be what works. I want to say if you got the metal ones it might be the issue of sizing vs the poly mags in the link.

I get your question now. Misunderstood it at first. I run MDT mags in both of mine.

These mags might be what works. I want to say if you got the metal ones it might be the issue of sizing vs the poly mags in the link.

Thems is the ones I bought. I may need to just purchase AICS mags outright. Funny thing is the .308 700 CPs come with Magpul mags.

Yea they do come with the magpul mags. The only other thing that might work than is the metal MDT version. If not the chassis might be out of spec. AICS and MDT are the same on the inlet. The metal ones that is. Or try this magpul version.

I do not think Remington from what I have seen across mulitple platforms has their own mags. They just run the magpul or MDT mags. And actual AICS from what I know do not come in .223. They work with 6.5cm and bigger.

Last edited: