• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes the best 7mm RM brass?

SupressYourself

Hillbilly Intellectual
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2017
Eastern ND
My normal go-to is Lapua, but they dont make 7mm Remington Magnum. I understand that at this point, the best brass is whatever you can get. Well, I currently have Hornady, and while I'm generally a big H fan, I understand their brass is not typically regarded as high end. I'd like to try something else.
So what should I be on the lookout for? Peterson? ADG?

And by "best" I mean most consistent. I'm shooting some excellent groups but am looking into ways to lower ES if possible. Seems like brass could be part of that puzzle.

Last edited:
supressyourself : Ive had very consistent performance from my Remington brass over the years . But if your Hornady is all that you have, make it work for you. Consistency starts at the loading bench

My normal go-to is Lapua, but they dont make 7mm Remington Magnum. I understand that at this point, the best brass is whatever you can get. Well, I currently have Hornady, and while I'm generally a big H fan, I understand their brass is not typically regarded as high end. I'd like to try something else.

And by "best" I mean most consistent. I'm shooting some excellent groups but am looking into ways to lower ES if possible. Seems like brass could be part of that puzzle.
Peterson , just got some haven't loaded it yet but looks good use Peterson 308 im very happy with that

Consistency starts at the loading bench
I agree, and I have no problem with consistent <20, sometimes single digit ES with my 6 and 6.5 Creed and 22-250. And I am making the Hornady brass work. I'm still in development on a new barrel with many sub .5 moa groups, but I'm irritated that I'll have single digit ES going for a group and then I'll have a velocity "flyer" that puts it over 30 or 40. Now I understand that there are many other factors in play, but brass is one of them I'd like to test, thus the question.

I agree, and I have no problem with consistent <20, sometimes single digit ES with my 6 and 6.5 Creed and 22-250. And I am making the Hornady brass work. I'm still in development on a new barrel with many sub .5 moa groups, but I'm irritated that I'll have single digit ES going for a group and then I'll have a velocity "flyer" that puts it over 30 or 40. Now I understand that there are many other factors in play, but brass is one of them I'd like to test, thus the question.
supressyourself: a velocity flyer could possibly be the neck tension on that piece of brass, or it could be a indication of a powder charge that was not the same amount as the one before it .

agreed. As I said: "I understand that there are many other factors in play" and I'm looking into those as well. Powder charge seems unlikely. I'm using the same Chargemaster that produces low ES in other calibers. I have some tests planned around neck tension...

I've had good results with norma/nosler brass. Have yet to be thrilled with hornady brass in any chambering

Reactions: CanSniper
Always been impressed with both ADG and Peterson. It’s all I’ll use now.
I had some RP brass and had to cull out several due to the flash holes not even being centered.

Reactions: SupressYourself
I have had good experiences with ADG brass (other cartridges) and Nosler custom. I have heard good things about RWS but at $3 a case I am not curious enough to try it.

I was surprised to find Peterson 7rm brass in stock at Grafs about a week ago, so I bought that. We'll see if I ever get it...

Nosler...Hands-down my preference. I've heard ADG makes good stuff, but never used it.

If Lapua ever makes some, then my hands-down preference would probably change, because I love Lapua brass.

As an update, the Peterson brass has been excellent. I'm not a "sort cases by weight" guy, but I found it to be very uniform, and (in my opinion) right up there with Lapua as far as overall quality. I can't speak to longevity as it's only been fired once so far.