• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes the best stock 243?

Babo

Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Austin, TX
Looking to get into a 243 but need to start with a stock stick and work from there. In your opinion what is the best production 243?

Re: Who makes the best stock 243?

Remington SPS Varmint. 1:9.125 twist should stabilize the 105 AMAX.

If it were me, I'd look for a Rem VLS. It might be able to run the 105Amax's and if it didn't it would run the 95gr Berger VLD and that's not a bad bullet. The stock isn't anything fancy but it is extremely serviceable. You'd have a rifle that is capable of getting you to 1K and by the time it needs any upgrades you should have a damn good idea of what direction you want to go with it. I don't know if it would be the best route, but it's the route I would go if starting from scratch. Good Luck!

Yea, Remy stocks are the pits. I was not aware the SPS was 1:9 twist. That might be doable for starters.

+1 , They shoot pretty good right out of the box<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington SPS Varmint. 1:9.125 twist should stabilize the 105 AMAX. </div></div>