• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Who makes the highest quality 22 LR look alike?

odonnks

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
I've seen a few AR look alikes but have not been overly impressed with quality.

Who offers the highest quality 22 LR look alike?

Thank you !

Re: Who makes the highest quality 22 LR look alike?

ANother vote for the S&W 15-22. My girls and I own 4. Lightweight, realistic reproduction, accurate, reliable.

I had one that had a string of light strikes, but after cleaning the bolt face, that went away.

I've only messed with a few 22 copies, but the build quality was bad enough that I decided to avoid them all together. Most of them are made of plastic and feel like they're going to break in your hands.

Buy a dedicated 22 upper (or build a dedicated 22 gun). Spike's, CMMG, and Tactical Solutions all make great 22 upper receivers. Pair that with your lower receiver, and you'll have a 22 with the look and feel of a gun chambered in a centerfire cartridge.

Build a lower receiver then plop on a Nordic .22 upper, works for me but I think they are backordered... With the ejection port door closed you cannot visually tell the difference between it and a centerfire AR15 unless specifically looking for a gas tube through the handguard.

My build:
Spikes lower with Geissele 3-Gun trigger, DPMS LPK, Magpul ACS stock, Magpul MOE grip. Nordic 18" mid-length upper with RRA NM A2 carry handle and Armalite clamp on AR15 front sight post. Add a bunch of black dog mags and it's all fun. No plastic is on this rifle other than the Magpul furniture and the mags.

Nordic Components, DPMS, or JP Enterprises dedicated 22LR upper is the way to go, if you can find one. All are based off of Nordics design with Nordic manufacturing portions of the DPMS and JP uppers (bolts and receivers IIRC). I've had one for a little over a year and only had one malfunction in 5k rounds with only one cleaning at 1.5k It will chew through just about any bulk ammo.

Spikes/Seekins 9" SAR Rail, CMMG Stainless Bolt Assembly/CMMG 6.5" Barrel/Fake Suppressor waiting on SS Sparrow, Magpul Furniture and sights, Blackdog and CMMG Mags, DD Lower (SBR'd) will switch to my Spikes lower when stamp comes for it.
url]
</a>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Anyone have experience with the Compass Lake Engineering .22 upper?

I had a gentleman on AR-15.com turn my 22 barrel to a 4" length and thread it. Built it up an a standard A-3 upper and it runs great on my SBR.

15/22. All buttons and switches are in the right places, plus it's a whole nother gun, instead of a conversion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">15/22. All buttons and switches are in the right places, plus it's a whole nother gun, instead of a conversion. </div></div>

x2. My 15-22 has been flawless, and I can't say the same for any other semi-auto .22LRs I've ever owned.

are you looking strictly for the AR style or any "assault" rifle clones?

If there's any chance you'll want a center fire AR later go with the S&W. It's a good quality gun that is laid out like an AR should be and you can swap a center fire upper onto it later and have 2 guns for the price of 1 1/2.

If there's any chance you'll want a center fire AR later go with the S&W. It's a good quality gun that is laid out like an AR should be and you can swap a center fire upper onto it later and have 2 guns for the price of 1 1/2.

I hope you're not implying that an AR upper will fit on a mp15/22

Seems like the OP was looking for a clone in this old thread;)

M&p 15-22
even takes most ar parts!

The S&W has the looks but I don't like the lightweight. I have a DPMS 22 upper that I just love. It will function with any ammo and has the realistic weight that I wanted. I like to practice with the same setup. I have the same stock and trigger for both my M4 and 22 upper.

+100 for the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. Great gun for the price and a great trainer for the real thing. If only we could find some 22LR ammo now.

I'm gonna have to say -1 on the SW 15-22. Unless it's for a kid or small lady that really needs the light weight. I will say i never used match ammo in it, just the recommended federal champion bulk stuff. No issues but besides running around plinging short range stuff..... I regretted not getting a composite lower and an accurate dedicated upper. I had two other ARs a cheapy stag arms and a nice LMT monorail and both were much more fun than the plastic .22lr. plus i was always worried about breaking it.

Some companies just take their standard semi-auto .22's and put new furniture on them to make them look like an AR, like the Ruger and such. Personally, I like the look of the Ruger and would buy one if the money was available, but some builders seem to really try and make a "new" design, like the Smith & Wesson version. My brother has that one and it shoots great.