• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who needs a cannon project?

Mortars
  • 60mm Commando model standard range mortar with complete accessory package (2 units in stock as of August 2014, subject or prior sale).
  • 60mm Standard range mortar with complete accessory package.
  • 60mm Long range mortar with complete accessory package (one sample in stock).
  • 81mm Long range mortar with complete accessory package (one sample in stock, as of August 2014, subject to prior sale)
  • 120mm Standard range, bipod mounted mortar with complete accessory package.
  • 120mm Long range, wheeled mortar mortar with complete accessory package (1 Unit in stock as of August 2014, subject to prior sale).

Artillery & Tank Guns and Barrels
  • 105mm L-7 tank gun barrel complete, produced to order.
  • 105mm Howitzer barrels, produced to order
  • 155mm Howitzer barrels, produced to order, 39 caliber to 45 caliber
Inventory: OTO Melera 105mm light weight Pack Howitzers
105mm Howitzer. We have approximately 40 used 1/4 to 2/4 life NATO Standard OTO Melera light weight Pack Howitzers in stock for immediate delivery as is or with complete overhaul. Howitzers sold with or without complete accessory package included as an option. Inventory limited to stock on hand, subject to prior sale(s)

More information to follow on this page. For any specific inquires now, please inquire.

That is a great deal. Needs full resto, and proper solid tires. But on form 1 making that shootable again... Not hard. Cool find. Tempting, too. Sirhr

So...you are saying one could register that on a Form 1 (AOW, I assume) and get it back into shape to shoot a projectile like in 1917?

Ballpark figure, what are we talking?

Restoration done professional... Lots. Form... $200. Falls under dd on form 1. If you have a shop and can do yourself.. Probably 500 hours and maybe new barrel lining. 5k for that. At least. Finished and restored registered... 40k cannon. Not bad roi. Cheers, Sirhr.

Thought it was good deal too. I'm tempted but too many unfinished projects already. Good chance it can be had for less if you can make contact w/ seller.

Restoration done professional... Lots. Form... $200. Falls under dd on form 1. If you have a shop and can do yourself.. Probably 500 hours and maybe new barrel lining. 5k for that. At least. Finished and restored registered... 40k cannon. Not bad roi. Cheers, Sirhr.

Shark Tank.jpg

I'm out.

That is a great deal. Needs full resto, and proper solid tires. But on form 1 making that shootable again... Not hard. Cool find. Tempting, too. Sirhr
Yeah, sure!

I don't think you have the funds,
I don't think you have the know-how,
I don't think you can get OR make the wheels OR tires,
I don't think you have it in ya!
And,
I don't think you want to!

In other words..... I double-dog dare ya!!!!! :D

Seller emailed back. Out,of,town until after auction. Can look through fence. 50 feet away. If no chance for up close look... Then no way. We'll see what happens after auction, I suppose. Biggest concern is if,the interrupted,screw breech is seriously,rusted... Getting it open even after cutting welds may be impossible. And c ant even start that until,after dd paperwork clears. Daunting project.

So talked to a leading expert on screw-gun restoration and he is suggesting that I be very, very wary...

Without getting too technical, the interrupted screw mechanism can be a nightmare. The problem on outdoor screw mechanisms is that they get 'rust smacked' together. Rust, as an interesting point of discussion for cocktail parties, is 9x thicker than the metal it replaces. So if there is a .001" of rust in the tight-fitting threads... then there is .009" of rust locking them together. And these guns use a worm to turn the main screw breech. And it's not all that strong. If the thing is locked together, then there is no way to put force on the breech to spin the screws out. And it's unlikely that the barrel was adequately plugged, or that the screws we slathered in grease when it was deactivated. Likely no way now to get the breech open.

It could be cut open and blank-firing mechanism fitted. But that's no fun. Even if no ammo is avilable (it's not) live capabality is live capability.

On the bright side, this led me to another prospect... a PAK40... which is one I lust after. Not far from me in New England. In 'must be moved' state.

We'll see.

I need another project like... I don't. Got 2 under restoration and 2 waiting in the wings. Then again, the ones waiting in the wings are nowhere near as cool as a PAK 40. And those are really easy to restore. Well, not 'easy' but a lot of them have been done. There are a lot of knowledge resources out there on them.

More to follow, I am sure. Tnanks you enablers!

Cheers,

Sirhr

When I got my first 'modern' cannon, it still required CLEO signoff for the Form 1. As I worked on the PD at the time, I went into the chief with the paperwork. He looked at the paperwork. Looked back at me. Looked back at the paperwork. Looked back at me. And said "You aren't going to shoot that thing off in town, are you?" To which I responded "What do you care, Chief. it won't land in town." He cracked up and signed the paperwork right then!

The range out behind Schloss Nitrocellulose is well-equipped to stop artillery rounds from going too far... NLOS stuff... not so much.

Cheers,

Sirhr

If I'd known you were interested I'd have kept the info on this badass twin 40mm Bofors naval setup that was present at Pearl Harbor (it was sunk and recovered from Arizona?) and then used throughout the rest of the war. Real history on it. $150,000. I couldn't afford that and full auto isn't legal in WA anyway. But it looked damn cool and dwarfed the semi trailer it came on.

An M2HB was about the biggest I was able to muster and I'll be working the rest of my life at the press just to feed it and finding places to shoot is already hard enough. It's a lot of fun though, nothing is more fun to shoot than thing is.

If you don't have one yet, you're gonna need to modify a log splitter for loading those damn things. At least that's how I've seen it done. And every round is a $200 DD! Finding a dealer for the demo will be a pain in the ass. And they haven't made ammo for a PAK 40 in nearly a century. Definitely an A-list project!