• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Who needs a Ka-Bar

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Ka-Bar has a sale coming up.

Not a big fan since they started powder coating steel rather than parkerizing but they are utilitarian functional as far as fixed blades go and they likely have some folders or special tools that could be useful.

Supposed to be 50% off starting Tuesday…..

1699710893919.png

I have always had this idea I need another knife I never use to jam up the pistol holster pockets on my safe door.

The thought of a shorter fixed blade like a U.S. Navy Mk I deck knife has appealed to me as something totally to be unused by me but needed.

Seeing that their State and Union line offers a blued finish maybe I will fulfill that need to have something needless

1699711112883.png

It will look great next to my unused Randall Fireman’s Special short fixed blade.

So remember 11/14-11/15 spend money on shit you don’t need and could probably be found elsewhere at higher quality but mo’ money.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash and atomic41
    Damn you Ka-Bar for not having the shitty knife I want on sale.

The powder coated Mk 1 is half price be like $75 but the blued State and Union one is full price.

They fucked me.

Damnit. I ordered a D2 straight blade I didn't need.

And 2 sets of throwing knives.... 🤣

Needed some throwing knives to go with the hatchets. Now I need to mill down the cottonwood logs I have sitting.

Reactions: pmclaine
    Damn, nice knife! Your post cost me for a few knives that were on sale...
    Post a pic with your hand holding it, for size.

Last edited:
    Wow! I wish that I’d seen this thread earlier in the week. I ‘need’ another knife that I won’t use too.

Fortunately this is the week of opportunities to buy cool but useless shit.

Don’t feel to down. Go to some website that sells slings and you will have the same sense of pride of ownership with a hollow sense of getting utility.

It’s an easy Pavlovian response to attain.

• Haha
    Reactions: lash
    I’m just a sucker for low cost but solid value knives. I only am lucky enough to own a Randal because I inherited it. That, even though I live near enough to Orlando that I could buy direct.

I’m just a sucker for low cost but solid value knives. I only am lucky enough to own a Randal because I inherited it. That, even though I live near enough to Orlando that I could buy direct.
    In this one instance Bernie Sanders and I are on the same page….High carbon steel and Parkerize is all the choice anyone needs and should be given. (Please start a thread asking me to defend my communist leanings I will defend myself with passion).

I have a Randall fireman special. It’s is the short bus selection of knifemaking and I love it in the same manner everyone loves forest gump.

If only it was high carbon steel and parkerized instead of polished stainless.

Blade edge polished, Mexican sourced sheath treated with pecards, knife greased.

Why can't the you charge me the extra $50 and have an American make the sheath? Might get me a plastic WWII hard scabbard.

image.jpg

Okay because a dead horse needs to be beat.....

The bad.......KaBar your final and only meaningful QC check on any fixed blade you sell should be that after the hand guard goes through the bazillion pounds per square inch press to create diamonds between the guard and the blade any knife that exhibits movement will be tossed in the trash. Sadly mine missed that inspection.

Back about 2019 or so dude came on here promoting his knife making skills and I wanted him to build me this....

IMG_0695.JPG

Instead of a stacked leather handle I sourced some garbage WWII Garand stocks and wanted dude to make my take on the MK I with Antigue Garand wood.

Sadly Dude said I was aggravating his PTSD or some shit and bailed out of the whole site.

Last edited:
    WTF, mine hasn't even left their warehouse yet and you guys have your order already?

We'll say the black 1258 short is the freebie. The handle circumference on it is quite a bit less than I envisioned, but still comfortable as I don't have overly large hands. I do kind of like the plastic sheath with it, as the guard rides over ramps and drops into a slot, effectively locking the knife in the sheath.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pmclaine