• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Who packs clothes for a vacation?

Does your significant other pack most of your CLOTHING when you guys go on vacation together?

• Yes

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 44 80.0%

• Total voters

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    When your family goes on vacation, is everyone packing their own CLOTHING or does one person just do everyone's (and the other might do other preparations)

I might check what the kids have packed. Did you remember this, did you remember that etc.

Otherwise, no.

Vacation? What's a vacation? We've been together for over 12 years, and haven't had one yet. Enjoy what you can, while you can.

Jeezuz Sean, Take her on a vacation. Go out to Tofino or up to Thasis on the island or over to Banff or Jasper......:cool:

She's gonna divorce your ass and cite "lack of vacation(s)" as the reason. Besides, it'll pay (you) "nice" dividends.....;););)

My work life consists of crawling between 2 week vacations every 6 months. I've got about 4 years to go until retirement and it's getting tougher to hang in there every year......

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    1524263467591.png

Reactions: Frankly
    I used to pack for my self and never had a problem. When I married my wife keep telling me how everything I packed was wrong. Now I just stay out of her way and let her do it. I do have to be prepared to answer questions with some random number.

Q. How many t-shirts do you want to take?
    A 7.

Q. How many socks do you want to take?
    A. 3

Back when I packed my way I had to dig through everything to find whatever I was looking for, now whatever I need always seems to by right where it is easy to find.

Funny you should ask that question, the first time me the wife and kids made a trip from Houston to Colorado we were all getting ready and as usual my wife was spending more time trying to get our boys squared away than herself. The oldest hast to be prodded to get shit done but the younger has allways been self reliant and she was getting on his nerves. So I intervened and told her in front of him he was old enough to decide what damn underwear and socks he needed to take.
    He smiled with pride and I got the look and away we went.
    Long story short when we made it to our destination and were getting ready to go out to eat my wife calls me in the room again with the look and tells me look what your son packed.
    1 pair of underwear, 1 pair of socks, a pair of shorts (In The Rockies) a game boy and bunch of other useless crap. I just told him I was proud he was the minimalist type, he smiled with pride I got the look again and took him clothes shopping.

I used to pack for my self and never had a problem. When I married my wife keep telling me how everything I packed was wrong. Now I just stay out of her way and let her do it. I do have to be prepared to answer questions with some random number.

Q. How many t-shirts do you want to take?
    A 7.

Q. How many socks do you want to take?
    A. 3

Back when I packed my way I had to dig through everything to find whatever I was looking for, now whatever I need always seems to by right where it is easy to find.

My packing regimen is simple (in regard to my wife). Stay the fuk away from my stuff, I will take (and leave) what I want, how I want and when I want. I fly at least 90K miles per year, spend an average of 120 nights a year in hotels and I know my way around, thank you very much.

In exchange for that harmony, she gets to spend my air miles and hotel stays how and where she wants (to our mutual benefit, her boyfriend has to stay behind.....:cool:). It's worked pretty well. We're going on 40 years together and we haven't killed each other yet. When we go on traveling vacations, she actually packs lighter and more efficiently than I do.

We have run across some couples that when traveling on vacation, each of them will have a backpack and a suitcase. They will split up their clothing and toiletries such that each of them carries some of their spouses gear in their backpacks (carry-on) in case one or the other's luggage (checked) is lost. Makes really good sense, but, we haven't gotten there yet. We may or may not do that, just depends on how often our luggage gets lost. Conversely, the last two times we have flown to Europe (from/to Seattle) Delta has lost my luggage. Jesus, how do you lose someone's luggage on a non-stop leg from Seattle to Paris ? Somehow, they've figured out a way. Twice. In a row.

Oh, if you aren't doing it already, take cellphone pictures of your luggage and backpack just before you leave the house/heading out. Works wonders with baggage claim to be able to show them pics, when/if your luggage is lost.

Last edited:
    Jeezuz Sean, Take her on a vacation. Go out to Tofino or up to Thasis on the island or over to Banff or Jasper......:cool:

She's gonna divorce your ass and cite "lack of vacation(s)" as the reason. Besides, it'll pay (you) "nice" dividends.....;););)

My work life consists of crawling between 2 week vacations every 6 months. I've got about 4 years to go until retirement and it's getting tougher to hang in there every year......

Sean,

My sincere apologies, I had no idea of what had happened and what you guys are going through. My sense of timing is pretty bad sometimes, this being a pretty good example of that.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Interesting...
    In our "out west" hunting crew we have the following versions.
    Shit is ready and reinventoried twice a week prior.
    Shit is ready a day ahead and mentally checked the morning of.
    Shit isn't ready but could be in 15 minutes with some verbal encouragement.
    Shit isn't ready blames "son", knew we were going for fucking months. Has to go to walmart to buy shit left at home.
    This would include own pillow and jacket...

R