• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who provides a slide coating similar to Glock's nDLC or nickel boron?

coolbreeze91

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2022
Cleveland Ohio
Hey all. Looking to coat a freshly milled Glock slide. I usually go with nickel boron from fail zero and absolutely love it. I wanted to do a black coating this time though. Glocks nDLC feels very similar. Does anyone know who provides an aftermarket coating like this for a Glock slide. I don't like cerakote or nitride.

so far nDLC isn't very tough on my Gen. 5, my 19.5 chipped a tiny spot by lightly striking my wooden drawer where it sleeps. Not impressed, it is slick feeling but the original G finish is the toughest hands down, but that's gone.
For other finishing I have used CCR. The CPII is really good quality, it has the slightest yellow tint from the nickel compared to say SS or hard chrome but they do good work for reasonable cost and it's tough.

Reactions: coolbreeze91
but the original G finish is the toughest hands down, but that's gone.
No more tenifer ?

Tennifer uses cyanide as a medium and is either illegal to use in the U.S. or is strictly regulated (with obvious good reason). Melonite uses a different medium and is much more common here and is probably catching on in Europe.

Hmm

so far nDLC isn't very tough on my Gen. 5, my 19.5 chipped a tiny spot by lightly striking my wooden drawer where it sleeps. Not impressed, it is slick feeling but the original G finish is the toughest hands down, but that's gone.
For other finishing I have used CCR. The CPII is really good quality, it has the slightest yellow tint from the nickel compared to say SS or hard chrome but they do good work for reasonable cost and it's tough.
Any experience with the Cera Hide? Or dusk? Looking for a black finish high Lubricity.

no experience, I've only used the CPII both on HK slides but if I was going to blacken a pistol it would be the dusk.

I’ve used Ionbond on rifles, it’s amazing.
Hey all. Looking to coat a freshly milled Glock slide. I usually go with nickel boron from fail zero and absolutely love it. I wanted to do a black coating this time though. Glocks nDLC feels very similar. Does anyone know who provides an aftermarket coating like this for a Glock slide. I don't like cerakote or nitride.
Birdsong Black T. Same coating that is on Tac Ops rifles. They are located in Mississippi.