• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who puts a US Optics scope on a Mosin Nagant?

gszeto99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Illinois, USA
I do. Enjoy picture below.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"center","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i66.tinypic.com\/25tddte.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Nice!

How does she shoot?

Hard to tell by the photo, is that the original barrel cut down or did you put an aftermarket barrel on there?

Thank you

It shoots pretty good. I shot it yesterday and it was less than .5MOA at 100 until my 5th shot which opened up the group of about .8MOA.

I was going to do a write up with pictures on the build but this was 3 years ago. I first trued the action and threaded it 10/1000 oversize. I then set back, threaed and rechambered a reminton 700 varmint barrel with a custom chamber reamer by Dave Kiff at PTG. The reamer is a 7.62x54R reamer made specifically for 155gr 308 bullets and 308 barrels. The barrel is 20" long and was also threaded at the muzzle and recrowned with 11degree crown. The stock is a boyd's tacticool/pro varmint stock that is bedded. Scope mount is a rock solid industries picatinny rail mount and bolt handle is a rock solid industries bolt handle. Cheek rest is a karsten's cheek piece. and muzzle brake is a roedale muzzle brake threaded 5/8x24

Oh yeah, the bipod is a 9-13 harris clone. Didn't want to spend too much for the mosin, which is ironic since it wears a USO scope on top.

There's a lot of commie sharp shooters that would give their left "яичко" for that bad boy...