• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who puts reticles in Leupold scopes?

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
I have a chance to buy a Leupold Mark 4 scope boosted to 35x by Premier. The reticle is beyond fine though, it has a 1/16" dot, and smaller dots surrounding it, on some insanely thin crosshairs.

I was wondering if anyone could put a different reticle in there if it turns out to be way too fine to use on stuff other than targets.

Re: Who puts reticles in Leupold scopes?

No, for some reason I thought they didn't do work on other scopes anymore?

just looked on their website and they said that they arent doing it anymore, but it says contact the Leupold Custom Shop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you ask premier? </div></div>

Don't bother.

So sounds like the custom shop is the only hope? Can they still put the reticle in a 35x Mark 4?

I doubt leupold will touch that scope.

So the reticle is stuck?
laugh.gif

Leupy will probably not work on it if someone else has been in it, especially if modifications were done, as is the case with your scope. Nobody else (PR, etc.) can do it now either, because leupy ultimately doesn't care what the customers want, and they choose to keep everything in house now (under threat of lawsuit). Why? Greed, Liability, etc. This is what happens when bloodsucking lawyers and accountants call all the corporate shots. IMHO, Leupold betrayed the sub-contractors, and on some level the shooting community, by making the business decisions that they have in the last few years.

Their business model, plus the lack of stellar glass for the price point, steer me away from them every time. Lots of chinese internals in the lower end leupys too, which just reinforces the fact that it's all about the money, not the customer. I know this is prevalent in many manufacturers, but it doesn't make me feel any better about having it there.

In the same price range as the mark 4's, look at a Nightforce or a Zeiss. They will not leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.

Try Darrel Holland(hollands gunsmithing). He is doing a FFP reticle change on Leupold. Website is hollandguns.com Currently 450.00 for the change.

If premiere done the work in it, they will still work on them as far as warranty, so I am not sure it they will still do internal mods on scopes they have previously worked on. I have a M3 LR I bought from them several years ago. I thought something was wrong with it so I sent it back a years or so ago and they checked it out under warranty. I have always had good experiences with them.

I've known a guy or two that had Leupold Mk4s go to Priemer and get the reticle in the FFP, along with whatever else they wanted. I'd take a better look at that scope if it was me. It might be one hell of a deal.

I would bet Leupolds custom shop would do it, give them a call @ 503-526-1400 ask for Matt or Greg both are great guys. I've had several scopes changed around and they have been first class, most every time they send my scope back next day air and only charge the regular rate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gibar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Darrel Holland(hollands gunsmithing). He is doing a FFP reticle change on Leupold. Website is hollandguns.com Currently 450.00 for the change. </div></div>

Anyone have any experience with this? Looks like a conversion to mil/mil or moa/moa on a Leupold if you want it. Not worth a new Leupold and the change fee since that gets you into NF or USO territory but on a VX-III LR or Mk IV that you got used for $650 or $700...? Might not be a bad way to go. His site states that Leupold honors the warranty on scopes on which his conversion has been done...

FYI: Holland I believe sends the leupy's to Leupol to have "his" reticle installed - he has the reticle made then sends it to them.