• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who remembers this?

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    1588385013847.png

Similar shit we've seen before and since.
    Some may not be old enough to have lived this version.
    Once they extracted maximum coin from this farce I haven't heard shit about it until today.

R

Last edited:
    No shit, that was all we told. All our cars are making the whole in the ozone layer bigger and we are going to cook from too much sunlight getting thru.
    One lie after another to extract money

Reactions: Bender
    That was right around the time when the DuPont patent on R12 ran out and they had to find a replacement. Miraculously they found R134 just in the nick of time before R12 wiped out all life on earth because it was causing the hole in the ozone.

That was right around the time when the DuPont patent on R12 ran out and they had to find a replacement. Miraculously they found R134 just in the nick of time before R12 wiped out all life on earth because it was causing the hole in the ozone.

No shit right!!! THANK GOD DuPont saved us all!!!! Lmaoooooo

Reactions: Buckley
    Apparently, that's what one month of stay at home orders will do for the environment... Just imagine what happens when they take over permanently...

Who remembers that all coastal cities were going to be flooded by 2008. Good ole Al is now a billionaire.

I remember it clearly. Very interesting.

I thought it was aquanet that caused it?

I thought it was aquanet that caused it?

Oh, it sure as fuck was. Here is Tipper Gore (left) and her protective helmet while she testifies for the Parents Music Resource Center committee in an effort to have music she finds distasteful covered in parental warning labels. It took about 8 cubic feet of Aquanet to provide enough reinforcement to shield her from the counter testimony of Dee Snider and Frank Zappa.

09_17_pmrc_01

Edit: Sometime in the mid-90s I had a lively conversation with a few folks from NPR about ozone deterioration. I made the exact point I'm making here, Tipper Gore's use of hair spray on an industrial scale was a threat to the future of humanity and between her and Al we were facing down a coiffeuse holocaust. Being on live radio the only response they could come up with was that Tipper spewed the sticky gas while sealed in the privacy of her own bathroom and therefore there was no way for it to reach the upper atmosphere. Obviously, this is entirely unlike automobiles that are used outside. Duh! True story.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Rthur and MtnCreek
    R12/R502/R22 were and still are the best refrigerants. But the patents ran out and Dupont just could not make the big bucks anymore. JMHO

If you pay me a bunch of money to do a study to prove what you want to prove. Do you think I might have a tendency to give you the results you were expecting?

The theory went something like this. The chlorine in these CFC's are killing the ozone. When you ask "why then are all the swimming pools venting chlorine not a problem". Answer: because the chlorine is heavier than air and can't get into the atmosphere and it is destroyed buy the sun at ground level. But refrigerants are lighter than air and float up and destroy. Seems logical huh? Shit all those other chems must be real light to lift that chlorine.

You now must recover refrigerant and not vent it. But a system that has more than 500 pounds of refrigerant is allowed to leak 30% per year. Less than 500 pounds 20 percent per year ok. Comfort cooling 10%. If it leaks more than that you must fix the leak. If it less than that it's ok to let it leak. Go figure.

PS I am sure they will say that hole closed up because you must recover refrigerant now. and CFC's are banned. You can still buy R12 you just can make it anymore.

Reactions: Rthur
    R12/R502/R22 were and still are the best refrigerants. But the patents ran out and Dupont just could not make the big bucks anymore. JMHO

If you pay me a bunch of money to do a study to prove what you want to prove. Do you think I might have a tendency to give you the results you were expecting?

The theory went something like this. The chlorine in these CFC's are killing the ozone. When you ask "why then are all the swimming pools venting chlorine not a problem". Answer: because the chlorine is heavier than air and can't get into the atmosphere and it is destroyed buy the sun at ground level. But refrigerants are lighter than air and float up and destroy. Seems logical huh? Shit all those other chems must be real light to lift that chlorine.

You now must recover refrigerant and not vent it. But a system that has more than 500 pounds of refrigerant is allowed to leak 30% per year. Less than 500 pounds 20 percent per year ok. Comfort cooling 10%. If it leaks more than that you must fix the leak. If it less than that it's ok to let it leak. Go figure.

PS I am sure they will say that hole closed up because you must recover refrigerant now. and CFC's are banned. You can still buy R12 you just can make it anymore.

The hole closed up because we banned those styrofoam clam shell containers Big Macs and Quarter Pounders used to come in.

Our history is one govt lie after another and a lap dog population that sucks it up.

The hidden evil in all this is behavorial (sp) psychologists that discovered in their experiments a supposedly cognizant human will act no differently than a basic functioning animal when conditioned to cower or kill.