• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who shoots a .260 Remington Tactical chamber?

bhart89

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
LA
Just received my .260 Remington Tactical chambered rifle from the LRI Group Buy. Anything I should know about this chamber? Can I use the standard .260 Remington reloading manual info? I'll be shooting 140 Amax and 142 SMK's mostly. All out of an AICS length mag.

You may (I believe you will) have to turn the neck on your brass....

I could be wrong, but if it a "Tactical" chamber, that means it's it built to run in a tactical envronment, I.E. still run when dirt gets in the action, chamber, etc. That means the chamber is slightly oversized to run when the rifle and ammo get dirty. I don't think this will affect how you load. If it were a benchrest chamber that would be different.

I could be wrong, but if it a "Tactical" chamber, that means it's it built to run in a tactical envronment, I.E. still run when dirt gets in the action, chamber, etc. That means the chamber is slightly oversized to run when the rifle and ammo get dirty. I don't think this will affect how you load. If it were a benchrest chamber that would be different.

it'd be saami spec then would it not?

Mine and a buddies run 2.810-2.815 OAL . In mine I run 140a-Max in Lapua brass at 42.5 gr h4350 which in Lapua cases is hot. I also use 210m Federal match primers.

Here are the chamber specs:
6.5 CALIBER NECK DIAMETER THROAT ANGLE FREEBORE TOOL MATERIAL GAUGING
260 REMINGTON TACTICAL MATCH 0.2980 1*30" 0.088 HSS .308W GO (looser neck, throated for heavy stuff in an AI mag)

Here are the standard .260 specs:
260 REMINGTON MATCH 0.2960 1*30" 0.18 HSS .308W GO

Just went through this with my sons .260. We started with a .296 and had to open to a .298 so I could use Lapua brass. No neck turning, feeds and ejects perfect. I would not recommend shooting any brass that has been fired in another chamber, Extraction may be a bitch...

I've got 200 brand new Lapua cases ready to load. I have a .260 Mega Maten that I have 200 Nosler cases for. I figure it will be easy to keep them separated and only fire them in their respective rifles.