• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who thinks a quad bike (ATV) is a good prep as a patrol or bug out vehicle?

In the mountains here it's hilarious how "fast" the quad riders go. They're nothing but a rolling road block. They're usually putting around at a huge 10mph, while being bounced around and thinking they're flying.

If you're on a road why the hell are you driving a quad?

And yes, the Honda is part time 4wd, fuel injected, and both automatic or manual depending on what you want.... It's still slow and pathetic.
If somebody is putting around on an AVT at 10 mph... I'm betting that's not the quad... that's the rider. I could put around at 10 mph too if I wanted to save fuel.

Same when an idiot takes a $2,000 rifle and can't hit nothing with it.

As far as "If you're on a road why the hell are you driving a quad?" goes...

Because I can.

Different states, (and counties within states) have different laws.

Long live (what's left of) America.

I have a dual sport bike, 4x4 quad, 4x4 mini truck with factory lockers, XJ overlander, and CUCV overlander. If I had to pick only one vehicle, it would be the 4x4 mini truck. Road legal and practical (picked up a stack of solar panels 120 miles away), goes anywhere the quad goes (with similar tires), is very quiet (unlike quads and SxS), cab is dry, bug proof and heated, hauls a lot and the bed (now with cap) is big enough to sleep in if necessary.

Not my video but it shows the same truck and gives you a good idea about capabilities even though the guy is just easing into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daddyusmaximus
I have a dual sport bike, 4x4 quad, 4x4 mini truck with factory lockers, XJ overlander, and CUCV overlander. If I had to pick only one vehicle, it would be the 4x4 mini truck. Road legal and practical (picked up a stack of solar panels 120 miles away), goes anywhere the quad goes (with similar tires), is very quiet (unlike quads and SxS), cab is dry, bug proof and heated, hauls a lot and the bed (now with cap) is big enough to sleep in if necessary.

Not my video but it shows the same truck and gives you a good idea about capabilities even though the guy is just easing into it.

Those little things are pretty cool.