• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who to consider for multiple supressor purchase?

rust4brains

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2008
    So I have mostly been a lurker around here soaking up information. After reading, researching, etc, I have decided to make a purchase of several supressors at once. I want to ensure I price shop all reputable dealers. I have an SOT locally who will handle the transfers if necessay (out of state dealer). I do need them to be a TBAC & Silencerco dealer. On my list are the following;

Hansohnbrothers
    Capital Armory
    Silencer Shop
    eSilencers (these guys are in TN & therefore possibly at a disadvantage due to state sales tax)

Are there any other dealers I should consider? Thanks in advance for meaningful replies.

R4B

I recently purchased a tbac 22 and an obsidian 9 from Hansohnbrothers, they have really good prices and were great to deal with

Silencershop is the easiest and most streamlined, but the longest wait.

Hansonbrothers are the best ethically, morally, and they support the consumer and put their money where their mouth is (with among other things, honest and legit testing). If they are a choice, you should basically choose them.

No XP with the others, but seriously just go Hanson.

Hansonbrothers are the best ethically, morally, and they support the consumer and put their money where their mouth is (with among other things, honest and legit testing). If they are a choice, you should basically choose them.

This seems to be popular opinion if you dont have a local dealer (which you might)

Reactions: ccasanova

Why would Silencer Shop have a longer wait time? If the check is cashed and papers submitted to the ATF, why would it matter where they came from?

Just wondering. I went through a local shop and got a SPEC program Silencerco Saker last Dec. Then couldn't pass up a YHM that was on sale with Silencer shop in January.

Silencer Shop was super easy with a kiosk nearby.

Needless to say..... No end in sight for either one.

Silencershop is (or can be) longer because they usually batch forms. So you submit all your stuff to them, but they don't submit it to the ATF till the hit X amount. You submit at a bad time it can be several weeks till the paperwork actually hits the ATF. Now they do that because they do the most forms and it is the only way to handle it economically. The price we pay for convenience can be more wait time prior to the paperwork hitting the ATF.

I got a couple Saker 5.56's on Capitol Armory for $499. Really good deal on a quality get it done can for an AR or SBR. Not exactly what I wanted, I wanted a KAC can and didn't plan on doing it "now" but thanks to my goddamn ever-oppressive government, I didn't feel like I had much of a choice.

Anyway, they have a sale going on now where they're giving away a 9mm or .22 can with x spent.

So I have mostly been a lurker around here soaking up information. After reading, researching, etc, I have decided to make a purchase of several supressors at once. I want to ensure I price shop all reputable dealers. I have an SOT locally who will handle the transfers if necessay (out of state dealer). I do need them to be a TBAC & Silencerco dealer. On my list are the following;

Hansohnbrothers
    Capital Armory
    Silencer Shop
    eSilencers (these guys are in TN & therefore possibly at a disadvantage due to state sales tax)

Are there any other dealers I should consider? Thanks in advance for meaningful replies.

R4B

Interestingly enough, I think I have dealt with all of them :unsure: Never had a bad experience with any of them, all were good.

For my next Form 4 adventure ? Probably Hansohn Brothers.

Highly recommend both Capitol Armory and Hansohn Brothers... Both are absolutely top notch and actually stock Thunder Beast products. Silencer Shop NEVER has them in stock (except the 22TD). I wasted months on their 'wait list' until I discovered Capitol and Hansohn who both got me taken care of and transferred to my local dealer within a week.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers