• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who to do a cusotm paint job?????

Re: who to do a cusotm paint job?????

Dimensions.

If you want custom. As in freehand. Must be seen to be believed.

Been posted before, but. Here is a close up of an A5 he did for me. From 20 feet it simply looks like camo. Not sure exactly what pattern you are looking for, but if it is truly custom, I would trust this guy to do anything.

skulls5.jpg

Here's a bit of my bench gun I had Dimensions do some work on.

65x47010.jpg

The other side has the beginning of the Declaration of independence, and the 2 scrolls wrap around to the underside of the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: robpiat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody have a ballpark cost for that type of thing? </div></div>

If you are referring to Jeromys work (Dimensions), it cost about twice what a quality stenciled job costs. If you need a cheap finish, this isnt the route to take. If you want a quality camo finish, that makes your rifle a truly custom and individualized one off, this is the way to go. You really must see Jeromys work in person to appreciate it.

It is a great camo job from any distance. Very effective. But as you get closer and the details emerge, you realize just how bad ass it is. A real work of art. Very durable, and effective, but still art.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayhawker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MolonLabe.jpg

More of Jeromy's work </div></div>

First time I have seen that one. Looks great. That is what I mean about custom.

I have seen some of Todds work, as well as some of the other guys on here. It is top notch, and if I wanted a stenciled camo, like the standard that GAP camo that is my favorite, and I didnt want to spray it myself, I wouldnt hesitate to use any of the guy recommended on here.

PM Dimensions. He will hook you up with a link to his site. I cannot remember it. Someone here will have a link.

Try Kustomcamo.com

+2 for 30calsniper. His work is very good and he is great to work with.

I will agree with the posts about Jeromy (Dimensions) painting being in a league of it's own. If I had Jeromy paint a stock, the stock would end up hanging on the wall to admire and I sure wouldn't take it hunting. It looks too much like art for me to scrape it against a tree in the dark.

Darin

I understand what you mean about not wanting to scratch it up, but I use mine. I am not particularly rough on my gear, because I have no need to be. But I take it to the range and use it for deer hunting, and it holds up great. Looks as good today as the day he sprayed it. Duracoat is pretty tough stuff for typical use. If I were having one done for severe duty, I would probably go to one of the bake on finishes.

hydro556,

Maybe you would have to see one of Dimension's paint jobs to see my viewpoint. He airbrushes skulls, templars, knights, etc onto the stock and, for me at least, they look too good to take hunting.

Darin

those paint jobs are awesome. is the one with the skulls all over it look like camo from a distance?

Here's a couple Todd (30calsniper) has painted for me, I'll tell him to post some of his other work here too. He does a sick Multicam.

Duracoted scope
DSC_0399-2.jpg

GAP 6.5 Creedmoor

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

My wife's .243 (she requested it like this....)

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0234-1.jpg

To me, deminsions is like a show car finish, where as a stenciled paint job is more functional, and less heart breaking if you scratch it up...

We are fortunate to have some really talented people here on the Hide. I am familiar with 30calsnipers work as he has done one of my GAP's and it ROCKS!!!

I have also seen ARPredator's work and it is also excellent quality work. I would suggest you search as Todd 30cal and ARP have pics of their work here in previous threads.

You'll have to make your decision from there!!

I handled the Dimensions Skull Rifle at Shot this year and got a close up. If you have the money it is awesome!!!

kick ass work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarinR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hydro556,

Maybe you would have to see one of Dimension's paint jobs to see my viewpoint. He airbrushes skulls, templars, knights, etc onto the stock and, for me at least, they look too good to take hunting.

Darin </div></div>

uhh, he owns one, I think he knows, lol. You guys are talking about the same person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigdog2084</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those paint jobs are awesome. is the one with the skulls all over it look like camo from a distance? </div></div>

Yes it does. Amd it doesnt take much distance for it to work. From 20 feet, it looks like sort of a smear camo job. As you approach it, you start to see the details. It is really something you need to see in person. Very cool.

I was all set to argue that camo has its places, and that probably half the camo I see never gets a correspondingly valid reason for being. My range guns have been de-camo'ed persuant to just this reasoning.

Then...,I saw this set of masterpiece artworks from 30calsniper, and they halted me dead in my tracks. Entire new vistas opened within my mind.

HolyKow! I'm speechless.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HolyKow! I'm speechless.

Greg </div></div>

Holy crap...I thought I would never see the day...
laugh.gif

Naked-chick-a-flag kicks ass!!!