• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who to talk to

Hopefully somebody can help you. Maybe a member here that can relate will PM you their personal phone number my man.

Is there a "crisis management center" in your area? A quick web search should help find a phone number, they are anonymous.

Colorado Crisis Services:

CRISIS LINE:​

1-844-493-TALK (8255) is a 24/7/365 support line for anyone affected by a mental health, substance use or emotional crisis. All calls are connected to a mental health professional, who will provide immediate support and connections to further resources.

1-844-493-TALK (8255) is a 24/7/365 support line for anyone affected by a mental health, substance use or emotional crisis. All calls are connected to a mental health professional, who will provide immediate support and connections to further resources.
Nice, state specific is much better

Reactions: Cowpokey
Hang in there brother!

Life throws shit at us to test us. What is important is how we CHOOSE to deal with bad shit. If we let it get to us and fuck us up, then we lose the battle. We need to wrestle it to the ground and show it that we are the boss and we are in control. Every moment in life, from the mundane to catastrophes like war, brings out who we really are on the inside. How we deal with them determines if we really are the badasses we've always aspired to be.

Stay strong man. Be the support and the role model for those who look up to you, and I hope my words can offer some solace.

Not very helpful. I was connected to a young lady who, while doing her best to be helpful, was absolutely unable to relate. She sounded like she was born after I retired

Hang in there brother!

Life throws shit at us to test us. What is important is how we CHOOSE to deal with bad shit. If we let it get to us and fuck us up, then we lose the battle. We need to wrestle it to the ground and show it that we are the boss and we are in control. Every moment in life, from the mundane to catastrophes like war, brings out who we really are on the inside. How we deal with them determines if we really are the badasses we've always aspired to be.

Stay strong man. Be the support and the role model for those who look up to you, and I hope my words can offer some solace.
Understood, and I appreciate the sentiment, but this has been a daily fight for at least 18 years. It's getting old and I'm tired.

Any sort of help would have to be anonymous. I hold a clearance and while we've been told asking for mental health help will not endanger it, I believe that to be what we in the Army would have called "a lie". And while I'm still on this earth I need to provide for my family

IMG_2223.jpg

Understood, and I appreciate the sentiment, but this has been a daily fight for at least 18 years. It's getting old and I'm tired.

Any sort of help would have to be anonymous. I hold a clearance and while we've been told asking for mental health help will not endanger it, I believe that to be what we in the Army would have called "a lie". And while I'm still on this earth I need to provide for my family
I have a clearance also; they always tell us that reaching out for help won't affect it...while skeptical, I've never heard of backlash from doing it.

None of us can convince you what to do. What I do know from experience, if you keep letting it build, nothing good will come of it.

Not military or anything but I heard something interesting recently.

Soldiers in older times did better because they had the time with the people from their units to decompress on the ship ride home. Maybe talk to someone else that was there with you. Someone from your unit. Might help.

Prayers for you.

Hey bro, don't know what you working out but hope that it does. Can't pretend to offer any words of wisdom, other than you doing right to reach out, know that. If anything for someone to just to give listen....

Everytime i get down,I remind myself how fucking easy we have it in this country.
That does it for me. When I get down I think about living in Nork, or most anywhere in Africa, and its tough not to fall on my knees in thankfulness for having been born and raised here

And know youre not alone.

Not related to PTSD in any way. Just my .02. When i start thinking i have a problem or issue i look at those less fortunate. Those missing limbs and severe body damage and think how fortunate i am. I wish i could do more for you . Hang tough buddy you are worth it.

Op, this isn’t about an immediate need. This is about a type of therapy that is working and it’s working well for lots of people suffering from a range of mental health problems. I know it seems like a bunch of Colorado hippy-dippy bullshit but don’t laugh it off

It’s not what you’re asking for but I’ll say a prayer for you man.
Likely the best thing you could do. Mine are sent as well.

Op, this isn’t about an immediate need. This is about a type of therapy that is working and it’s working well for lots of people suffering from a range of mental health problems. I know it seems like a bunch of Colorado hippy-dippy bullshit but don’t laugh it off

I have read of excellent results with this.

It seems:

Deep emotional wounds, to painful to live with on a day to day basis, if not dealt with, are pushed into the subconscious where they fester and finally come out in a myriad of ugly ways.

LSD was used for years for psychotherapy in many major institutions. It, and other hallucinogens, tends to relax the control of the conscious mind and allow the memories to surface. Once the source of the problem is recognized it can be dealt with. Done as a guided therapy this can be very healing. Remember ..."You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

Reactions: ewoaf and akmike47
In the meantime please consider watching some Jordan Peterson videos on YouTube.

Exercise, though likely the last thing you want to do, will naturally release "feel-good" chemicals in your brain, which is always a good thing. Do ten push-ups each time a commercial comes on TV, go for a walk outside, hit a punching bag, meditate--pick your flavor. Respect for reaching out God Bless

Last edited:
Be careful on advice - I hope some here have good sources, I used to have that type of contact but no longer. Do consider red flag laws in recommendation, we want Yasherka here but we also want him happy here. I just do the only thing I know now - prayers up!

Last edited:
I have found that when I help others, I end up finding greater peace in my own life and maybe a different purpose.

You have your wife and kids. Those are your responsibility because you don't really have a choice. Find new person that you can help, you will be doing so out of compassion and by choice.

Example: Take a drive to the homeless area where you are. Pick up a few of them and take them out for something hot to eat. Find them a warmer place to sleep and get them some clean socks and underwear. While you are doing all of that, get to know each of them as much as you can. Listen to the reasons they are in the predicament they are. Usually, it's poor decision making on their part but you'll be surprised that it's sometimes not. That's the person you focus on. If there isn't one of those in the small group you helped this time, keep looking.

Another: https://www.bbbs.org/

No matter what path you choose from all of the advice already given, find a support group and lean into that group on a regular basis. It's true that the support group should share very common experiences...so look for a support group with those experiences. Call your brother, especially if he isn't your biological brother.

Don't forget that you have a wife and children that do love you and you do love them.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

PSALM 34:18 NIV

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 PETER 5:7 NIV

Psalm 91:4-6

New International Version

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

Good crowd here. In addition to the above, 1 plus hours of outdoor cardio 4 times a week.

Get outside and do mind clearing cardio. It cannot be overstated how helpful it can be, both mental and physical.

Not sure what the weather is like where you are, or what you are going through.

For me its mountain biking. Been through some hard knocks and can say for sure, it’s why I’m here today.

If you have no trails then just get out there and work it, anyway you can. Ride, jog-walk, whatever.

Come home, spent. Eat good food, shower and spend time with the family in a new mindset that only long cardio can provide.

Biking, because it’s easy on the body and you can go has hard or as light as you like.

It is magic.

The body wants, needs to move.

Reactions: wildcats and Ichi
@Yasherka

Was going to tag in 2 guys I know, very close friends, who while dont have a degree in helping with pts, 100% have been neck deep in the shit.

@Foul Mike already PM’d you and I am tagging in @Doc68 too.
Tagging in @reubenski as he could be a good ear for you as well and he is close to you.

Me and my family will be praying for you.

I have a friend who does PTS work in Denver area and will reach out to him tomorrow and PM you.
Im in Denver if you need anything. Literally can be in the truck and on the road in minutes.

I haven't used these, but have heard good things about Mighty Oaks foundation down in TX.

Also, Tom Spooner has a PTSD related foundation and he is a guy I would trust.

Reactions: reubenski
Good crowd here. In addition to the above, 1 plus hours of outdoor cardio 4 times a week.

Get outside and do mind clearing cardio. It cannot be overstated how helpful it can be, both mental and physical.

Not sure what the weather is like where you are, or what you are going through.

For me its mountain biking. Been through some hard knocks and can say for sure, it’s why I’m here today.

If you have no trails then just get out there and work it, anyway you can. Ride, jog-walk, whatever.

Come home, spent. Eat good food, shower and spend time with the family in a new mindset that only long cardio can provide.

Biking, because it’s easy on the body and you can go has hard or as light as you like.

It is magic.

The body wants, needs to move.
And fap. Never forget to fap.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
I made it through the night. Took a fistful of Zoloft and a glass of bourbon I could feel the pills kick in about 0200 and the anxiety subsided, but an unfortunate side effect of them is they turbocharge my brain, making it feel like a pachinko machine of thoughts. Ergo, I am running on zero sleep in two days.

A member pm'ed me asking what goes on during these attacks. I'll post later after I've had some coffee and get my shit together. Maybe my experience will help someone else.

But thank you guys for being the cavalry. I have five good friends but the nearest is 2000 miles away. I've seen y'all come together for others and you didn't disappoint here.

-Sam

A couple quick notes on this before I head into work myself. My wife is a licensed counselor, very gun friendly, Trump voter, Army vet, worked overseas for years and PTSD, especially for veterans, is one of her quite a few specialties. While her type isn't common, she isn't alone in the mental health provider community. It often takes some searching to find a good provider, remember you're the customer and finding a good fit is vital to getting better as quickly and as easily as possible. I'd connect you directly with her for help, but she's only licensed in WY, VA and NC, someone has to be physically located in one of those states for her to be their counselor.

For services without going through your employer or any other official channel, on your own dime, MD Live is a good avenue for remote (online) counseling. It's owned and operated by Cigna, but a lot of high level professionals use it for confidential services where it fits for both busy lifestyles and not even a chance of someone seeing your car at a facility. My wife does work on there, you can do video or phone sessions, with good providers where you can search out who you want to see and choose your own fit. Counselors on there have to be licensed for at least five years, so you're not getting someone right out of school like most hotline numbers you'd call.

One thing though, magic words for any provider to sound the alarm as "mandatory reporters" are anything where you're thinking about hurting yourself or others. If this is ever the case for anyone out there, and you cannot help it, it's best for you to give yourself a time out and get real help before someone else does through Red Flag and whatnot measures.

Finally, I know very well myself how bad PTSD flashes can suck and big time "Bravo-Zulu" from me for reaching out brother, as well to others on this thread. Keep up the good fight, and feel free to PM me for more info if you want.

S/F