• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who uses one piece cleaning rods 30 caliber?

Who doesn't use a one piece? There's lots of good ones out there. When my new loading room is finished I'm going to just spring for the boretech ones per caliber but there's other cheaper ones that work great like what I have now. I have a small kit with a multipiece for emergencies but any cleaning I use the good full length one with bore guide

cons.......... long barrels require longer one piece $$$ cleaning rods.

Dewey one piece all the way.
No real downside, they all fit in the drag bag i use in the pouch designed to hold them.
Its not like we will be packing a one piece cleaning rod on pack hunts.
I have various bore snakes and a couple of Ottis kits for that purpose.
Get a piece of 1" PVC pipe, cut it down so it fits in the bag and put multiple (Dewey) rods in the PVC pipe. Simple, works like a charm.

Get a piece of 1" PVC pipe, cut it down so it fits in the bag and put multiple (Dewey) rods in the PVC pipe. Simple, works like a charm.
Good idea, i have made a couple from 4" schedule 80 with end caps i use for various weights and spines of arrows im not currently using.
1682532090686842380684.jpg

Reactions: Threadcutter308
This is what I did. I bought a end cap and a threaded end cap with a screw in plug and made a rod holder. I think used 1-1/4" rather than 1" so the handle would fit in the pipe too.

I also use a coated Dewey rod.

Dewey rods
I have a nice storage case from i think mtm. Fits a few rods in it and stores away nicely

Reactions: XLR308
I have 7 coated Dewey's, store in a rack made from aluminum angle in the reloading room and carry in pvc pipe with an end cap and a screw on plug on the opposite end, when traveling.

Pro Shot polishes SS 1 piece cleaning rods for this guy.

If I travel, it's with a carbon Dewey that fits in the softcase.

And don't think that just because you have a really good one piece cleaning rod for your 6.5 that you don't need one for your 0.30 cal...

Is this the one you are reffering to ?
Does it keep them in place regardless of how it is handled or stored ?
Looks pretty good.
View attachment 8128763

Yeah thats the one. To be honest I haven't opened mine for awhile but they dont move around inside when its closed. I have my dewey pistol rods in it also

Reactions: XLR308