• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's built a tube gun?

HomeSlice

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2009
IN, USA
Has anybody here had one built? I'm looking at both the Elisio ( www.competitionshootingstuff.com) and MAK ( www.tubegun.net) kits based on a rem700 repeater. I'd like to know any first hand experience out there. Are there others? Pro's/Con's of each? Or of the platform in general?

I'm not a rich guy, but this seems as practical for me as anything for a "general purpose" medium or long range rifle. BTW, I dont expect to win any particular match -- I only compete against myself. Can't really afford more than 1 build in any given 5-year period, so I don't want to make a mistake here if I can avoid it based on your advice.

For the hardcore folks, I'm going to punch paper with this, both XTC and maybe Palma/NRA Long Range/F-TR (so it'll be a 308). Maybe a tactical match here and there. Matches are my best opportunity to get beyond 200 yds. Just assuming you folks have some experience here if for practice if nothing else.

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob,
-Slice

Re: Who's built a tube gun?

I've never built one, but have shot them all. The Eliseo is your best bet IMO. The MAK is good, but you need to have a gunsmith glue in the action which makes it permanent. The Elisio lets you glue in ot bolt in actions which allows you to switch bbld actions in various calibers in One stock. The Eliseo also comes with a nicely adjustable cheek/butt. The Mak comes with NO buttstock. If you buy the Eliseo R%, it also comes with handstop, I believe 2 mags and single shot mag. I tried to deal with MAK a few times and they were nice but took forever to get back to me and weren't all that helpful. Gary Eliseo is very helpful and answers your emails immediately.

You don't need to glue in the MAK and it's not permanent. I have built several. If you have any questions shoot me an email.

This is just one I have done.

TG3.jpg

Not built, not shot, but shot next to one at Bodines 1000yd F Class. The owner built it from scratch, and it was performing quite well.

I've built one and have am competing in F-class matches and general paper punching 100-1000yds. Here's some pics - lot of fun and it has multiple caliber capability in one platform - really like my MAK Tube rile. Currently have 3 barrels 223 Kreiger, 308 Broughton, & 6.5x284 Kreiger - can switch them in about 10 minutes. Uses AICS mags, 20 degree and 0 degree scope rails, single round sled, etc...
logan1000yds3.jpg

Dsc00980.jpg

Dsc00978.jpg

TubeRifle006.jpg

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">24" 1x10 twist Broughton in the pic above </span></span>

Bunches of questions for you guys:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Is yours glued in, bolted, or how?[*]Do you need to clean it from the muzzle?[*]How do you like the Magpul stock w/ that setup?[*]What's involved w/ switching barrels?[*]How's your bipod mounted? Mine mounts to a rail, would like to figure out how to get a front rail on the bottom of that sucker...[*]How do you shoot it, ie F-Class, XTC, tactical comp, etc? Or do you just shoot it? [*]I'm pretty sure competitions are my ticket to range time. Any advice to offer?
[/list]

Thanks!
-Slice

ETA: Oh, and what trigger to you have? Safety or no?

Is yours glued in, bolted, or how?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bolted in. Use a special round recoil lug.</span>

Do you need to clean it from the muzzle?

<span style="font-weight: bold">No, take off the rear stock adapter and clean like any other bolt gun.</span>

How do you like the Magpul stock w/ that setup?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Great stock with the adjustments.</span>

What's involved w/ switching barrels?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Take off the front handguard, lock the barrel in a vice, use an in-line wrench and take it off.</span>

How's your bipod mounted? Mine mounts to a rail, would like to figure out how to get a front rail on the bottom of that sucker...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Has an Anschutz style grove to utilize the Harris Anschutz style stud adapter.</span>

How do you shoot it, ie F-Class, XTC, tactical comp, etc? Or do you just shoot it? I'm pretty sure competitions are my ticket to range time. Any advice to offer?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Just shoot it.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">As for the trigger you will need a Jewell with bottom safety or a trigger with no safety.</span>

I love my MAK built in 6x47L

Only one complaint.The 28" heavy varmint weight barrel makes the gun too front heavy.It's OK for prone but not for shooting in other positions.
Mine is glued in with a trued 700 action with PTG bolt and Tubb firing pin kit.
DSC00022.jpg

Steve

I'm thinking of a fluted 26" medium palma contour. Think that'll be light enough to shoot offhand?

My answers are same as HateCA except mines glued - <span style="font-weight: bold">everything else same</span>.

Ive been toying with the idea of a tube build as well....

HomeSlice,

I was thinking of the same configuration on the barrel as you mentioned for my next one.

We'll see?

Steve

Pierce Engineering. He builds the tube gun that you want. The are currently not listed on the website, at least I dont think they are, but he is building all the 6.5 Creedmore tube guns for Creedmore Sports. He can also set you up with his custom action for it, wich, IMO, you can not find a better tube gun. he submitted one of these to the Marine Corps for testing, as there was talk or toying with the idea of puting this type of rifle into service.

Give John Pierce a call, and he will tell you everything you have ever cared to know about tube guns, shooting F-Clas with them, why its cheaper to assemble a tube gun, etc. etc.

http://www.pierceengineeringltd.com

PIERCE Engineering
5122 North Grand River
Lansing, MI 48906

Phone (517) 321 - 5051
Fax: (517) 321 - 4574

Email: [email protected]

Is yours glued in, bolted, or how?
<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> NO mine uses a 360 recoil lug
Do you need to clean it from the muzzle?
NO just remove the buttstock.
How do you like the Magpul stock w/ that setup?
The MagPul is the only way to go, GET the MagPul.
What's involved w/ switching barrels?
Don't know, ask HateCa
How's your bi-pod mounted? Mine mounts to a rail, would like to figure out how to get a front rail on the bottom of that sucker...
Stay the HELL away from that stupid stud that uses a set screw against the barrel. It WILL throw off your zeros, you can mount a stud by drilling a hole and using a nut style stud.
How do you shoot it, ie F-Class, XTC, tactical comp, etc? Or do you just shoot it?
Any way I can, I am trying to shoot all the tact comps I can.
I'm pretty sure competitions are my ticket to range time. Any advice to offer?
PRACTICE and pay attention to those that know.

The picture above in HateCa's post is my rifle before I bought it. In that pic it is a 260, it is now a .308 with no break. Here are some pics of it they are from when I first recieved it but it still looks the same.
004.jpg

MakTube9.jpg

MakTube8.jpg

MakTube7.jpg

Maktube2.jpg

swarrick,

Thanks! What bolt knob is that? I talked to one of the MAK guys (Kevin) yesterday and he answered a lot of my questions. Wife is pissed, but I think im hooked...

Thanks,
-Slice

I've built and owned 12 tubeguns.

The best tubegun builder I've seen out there is Jense Precision. His work is not second to anybody. It's <span style="font-weight: bold">THAT GOOD</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">THAT PRECISE!</span>

I built a 260 Remington that shot one hole groups at 100 yards without to much effort consistantly. I gave up building because Jense Precision work was so much better.

In this day and age, I would invest in a tubegun made by Jense.

http://jenseprecision.com/

http://jenseprecision.com/mak-tube-guns.html

ranger1183,

Looks like you have a ton of experience with MAK's

Could you advise me on what you think the best barrel profile would be for my next barrel.
I'm looking for around 26 inches but I want the gun to balance good for offhand and kneeling.

Steve

Does that scope rail come with the kit?
Does the Buttstock adapter come in the kit?
Approximate Price of the SA Repeater from MAK?
Thanks

The rail (either 0 or 25 maybe 25moa) and the buttstock adapter come with it, as does 1 5-rd mag. Retail I think is somewhere between 750-800 i think, but going rate TBD.

-Slice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ranger1183,

Looks like you have a ton of experience with MAK's

Could you advise me on what you think the best barrel profile would be for my next barrel.
I'm looking for around 26 inches but I want the gun to balance good for offhand and kneeling.

Steve </div></div>

Caliber?

Type of shooting?

Type of Target?

Range of Target?

Projectiles going to be used?

Handload or Factory ammo?

etc, etc.

Seriously now, in this day and age, I would invest in a tubegun made by Jense Precision!..

http://jenseprecision.com/mak-tube-guns.html

range1183,

The rifle will be used for tactical matches.
It's the rifle above in my post.I'm going to stick with 6x47L as I own the reamer.
I plan on hand loading the 105 or 115 Berger VLD's to around 3100 fps.

1.5 MOA Steel and paper.

10-1300 yards.

My main concern is having the rifle feel balanced when shooting in different positions.Mostly what taper to get on the next barrel so it's not so front heavy next time around.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HomeSlice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bunches of questions for you guys:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Is yours glued in, bolted, or how?[*]Do you need to clean it from the muzzle?[*]How do you like the Magpul stock w/ that setup?[*]What's involved w/ switching barrels?[*]How's your bipod mounted? Mine mounts to a rail, would like to figure out how to get a front rail on the bottom of that sucker...[*]How do you shoot it, ie F-Class, XTC, tactical comp, etc? Or do you just shoot it? [*]I'm pretty sure competitions are my ticket to range time. Any advice to offer?
[/list]

Thanks!
-Slice

ETA: Oh, and what trigger to you have? Safety or no?
</div></div>
Finally decided and placed an order. I'm on the West Coast and everyone here loves the Eliseo guns. But, I chose a MAK for one reason: ability to change buttstocks. I want a dual-purpose hunting and competition rifle and the interchangeable buttstock allows me to do this. Match buttstock for comps. and A2 buttstock for hunting (w/ a sporter barrel too). Now to your questions:

-Glued in. This enhances accuracy. If you go to the trouble of building a tube-gun, why would you pull the action out? Just sell the whole package if you are not happy.

-No, all tube guns allow you to remove the bolt and buttstock, thereby cleaning it any way you want.

-The Magpul stock sucks. Look at where the cheek piece is: way to the rear. This is not where you need it for a natural head placement and cheek weld. They put it there to avoid interference with the AR-15 charging handle... This is a sub-optimal buttstock for a tubegun which has no such concerns.

-Switch barrels: this is where the tubegun excels. Be sure to have your barreled action made WITHOUT a recoil lug. The action will be glued in and no recoil lug is necessary....translation: its the perfect switch-barrel rifle.

-Lots of bipod mounting options: depends on the handrail you get. The "tactical" rails have dual swivel studs with all the standard options. The "competition" rails have a bipod nut and can be used in the hand-stop slot for positioning a bipod.

-"how can you shoot it?" You can use a tubegun for anything. It is completely modular and therefore can be outfitted for any of the activities you list.

- You want to do competitions with the best rifle at the lowest cost: get a tubegun.

-Oh, the trigger. Get a CG Jackson without a safety...nothing better. Don't chamber a round until your ready to fire when hunting.

Keep in mind i'm a little new to this. I talked to a guy at Krieger the other day about barrel profiles. The goal is to be able to hit something at 1K with a rifle built primarily as an XTC gun (I guess, that's what I'll shoot the most).

Anyway, an idea I had was that I'd get a medium palma contour, 26" and fluted. He told me that in order to flute that profile they'd have to beef it up too much. Advised a medium target profile fluted, or a heavy palma fluted. The medium target weighing less, about 5#.

I'm worried about being able to hold it up offhand...

Thoughts?
-Slice

With only a 26" barrel, a light palma profile is perfectly adequate and will be more comfortable. For the longer barrel lengths, a medium palma is probably a better choice. Keep in mind that shorter barrels are naturally stiffer. Hence the comment that a light palma contour will be fine for a 26" barrel.

PS. you won't be shooting anything offhand at 1000 yards. :) A 308 WIN is not the ideal cartridge for 1000 yard shooting. Therefore, most everyone shooting 155grain bullets uses at least a 30" barrel with Med. palma contour. If you move up to a 190gr bullet (more recoil), then a 28" barrel can work(allowing you to consider a light palma barrel since it is shorter). 26" barrels are only going to work for non-308 calibers: 243WIN, 6XC, 260REM, etc...at 1K yards. 26" is fine for XTC...probably optimal.

PS. No competition shooters flute their barrels. It is too expensive and they burn through barrels rapidly. Just order the proper contour.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">range1183,

It's the rifle above in my post.I'm going to stick with 6x47L as I own the reamer.

1.5 MOA Steel and paper.

10-1300 yards.

My main concern is having the rifle feel balanced when shooting in different positions.Mostly what taper to get on the next barrel so it's not so front heavy next time around.

Steve </div></div>

Steve,

What I do is simple, straight forward and <span style="font-weight: bold">very expensive</span>.

I use an ABS Barrel so that even the heaviest of contours is still less than 4 pounds on a 30 inch barrel. ABS barrels are accurate and excellent at disipating heat so throats and rifling last longer.

Heres how I go about it.

I buy a Krieger stainless steel barrel of the length that I want. Then I ship that barrel to ABS (Advanced Barrel Systems). The barrel is then turned on a lathe down to the ABS profile.

The total cost ranges around $1000 for the finished barrel. With ABS having a huge amount of business, getting an ABS barrel can take a very long time. I once waited 13 months for a barrel due to the back log.

Obvious the above process can be much to slow in some instances.

This process is <span style="font-weight: bold">much faster!</span> I send people to Jense Precision to have a complete rifle system to be made.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Jense Precision has ABS barrels IN STOCK!</span> The wait time is eliminated! Hence, the rifle build is very "do-able" in a reasonable amount of time!</span>

best of luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">range1183,

1.5 MOA Steel and paper.

10-1300 yards.

Steve </div></div>

Steve,

What I do is simple, straight forward and <span style="font-weight: bold">very expensive</span>.

I use an ABS Barrel so that even the heaviest of contours is still less than 4 pounds on a 30 inch barrel. ABS barrels are accurate and excellent at disipating heat so throats and rifling last longer.

Heres how I go about it.

I buy a Krieger stainless steel barrel of the length that I want. Then I ship that barrel to ABS (Advanced Barrel Systems). The barrel is then turned on a lathe down to the ABS profile.

The total cost ranges around $1000 for the finished barrel. With ABS having a huge amount of business, getting an ABS barrel can take a very long time. I once waited 13 months for a barrel due to the back log.

Obvious this process can be much to slow in some instances.

So, like many times before, I send people to Jense Precision to have a complete rifle system to be made.

best of luck.

</div></div>

Nothing wrong with that technique....but very slow and extremely expensive.

Had to post this so everyone could see it's significance.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Jense Precision has ABS barrels IN STOCK!</span> The wait time is eliminated! Hence, the rifle build is very "do-able" in a reasonable amount of time!</span>

best of luck.

Scooter Pie-
I am not saying you are wrong BUT I love my Magpul PRS on my MAK, no I do not use the adj cheek pad but it is because I can see fine with it on the lowest setting. I do use the length of pull adjustment and the shape of the stock works great with a rear bag. The Magpul is PERFECT for a MakTube gun set up. I do not know what style shooting you do but MOST people here seam to shoot 175-208 in .308 and run a shorter barrel. A .308 will still knock the crap out of a target at 1000 even with a 20inch tube. A 24inch is most common with some going as sort as 16-18inches and still reach 800 with authority. There are better rounds out there to reach 1000 but a .308 will still holds it own in the right hands. The M40 has proved that for the last 40+ years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scooter Pie-
I am not saying you are wrong BUT I love my Magpul PRS on my MAK, no I do not use the adj cheek pad but it is because I can see fine with it on the lowest setting. I do use the length of pull adjustment and the shape of the stock works great with a rear bag. The Magpul is PERFECT for a MakTube gun set up. I do not know what style shooting you do but MOST people here seam to shoot 175-208 in .308 and run a shorter barrel. A .308 will still knock the crap out of a target at 1000 even with a 20inch tube. A 24inch is most common with some going as sort as 16-18inches and still reach 800 with authority. There are better rounds out there to reach 1000 but a .308 will still holds it own in the right hands. The M40 has proved that for the last 40+ years. </div></div>
PRS is a good stock for an AR platform: but the adjustable cheekpiece is suboptimal: too far to the rear. You said you do not use it...so there you go. A tubegun allows you to run the bolt under the cheekpiece. So, there are no constraints on where the cheekpiece goes. Therefore, the better tubegun stocks move the cheekpiece much farther forward where it belongs, which allows a more natural head placement in the prone.

My point of reference for the 308 barrel length is Palma and long-range prone competitions where you are competing with the best shooters and looking for any little edge. Everyone shooting a 155gr bullet has at least a 30" barrel. To do otherwise, puts you at a disadvantage to the other shooters. The heavier bullets (190gr) allow a slightly shorter barrel. Now if you are just shooting large steel plates at 1K, then a shorter barrel may be adequate. But in competitions where the winner is determined by a narrow margin: everyone is using longer barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I do not use the adj cheek pad but it is because I can see fine with it on the lowest setting. I do use the length of pull adjustment and the shape of the stock works great with a rear bag. </div></div>

Your first paragraph is all about the cheek piece I have already stated I do not use that feature, but I do like the length of pull adjustment and the PRS fits what I need more than any other stock I have seen.

We obviously shoot different disciplines a 18-24 inch tube is fine and a 30 is TOOOOOOOO long and would inhibit to much movement for the added accuracy, if any. If you are looking to sit at a bench or just lay static then a 30 would fit the bill, I guess. I have a 24inch 11.25 twist shoot 178's and the only thing I would change is the length, I would go 20.

A couple of more questions:

If the Magpul PRS is the "wrong" stock, what is the "right" one? I can see from the pics that the cheekpiece is pretty far back, and that seems to make sense...

On Barrel length -- am I better off getting 2 different barrels vs. trying to make a compromise? Maybe a 20-22-24 for XTC/tactical competitions and a 30 for LR? It's supposed to be pretty easy to swap them out with this rig. With some guidance/training/help I guess I could figure this out? Thoughts on target vs. palma profile? Flutes vs. none? It'd be a lot cheaper than 2 different rifles, and I can't afford to piss money away...

I'm hoping to avoid as much expense as I can, but it's a significant investment either way. I don't want to short-change myself by a few hundred bucks. Dammit, everytime I read something this gets more expensive. But, I'm so grateful for the advice I get in keeping from making mistakes upfront...

Thanks again,
-Slice

Depends on what you want to do I guess. I like the MagPul hands down! The barrel length is a ford vs. Chevy debate I like a 20-24 in .308. A 20 inch barrel WILL reach 800-1000 I have a MTU contour but it is TOO heavy I will go lighter next time NO FLUTES

Hope this helps

Does MAK or Elisio make a left handed verion? I have not seen one mentioned.

$1000.Too much for me right now with work being slow!Looks like a great idea though.

Gonna have to stay with conventional barrels for now.

Thanks Ranger.

Steve

Eliseo makes left-handed versions. The right stock with proper cheekpiece would be:
1. Eliseo's default stock: http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id9.html
2. A WOA after-market match stock to fit the MAK: http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/whiteoakprecision/parts.htm
3. A Medesha Arms buttstock: http://www.medeshafirearms.com/prod01.htm
4. so on and so forth.

Does anyone actually use the magpul cheekpiece? From a field position like sitting or prone? If you do, then you would quickly realize the cheekpiece is too far back for a bolt action gun....like a tube gun. Anyways, new subject!

I would never use any of those stocks in the field. Scooter apparently we are coming at this from WAY different angles. You must shoot from a bench or from a concrete pad only. At this point you have beat the PRS cheek pad like a dead horse but, the stock itself is still a GREAT stock and it works. Homeslice what style shooting are you into? If you will NEVER shoot from the dirt or if you NEVER plan on carrying into the field then go with Scooter. I do take my rifle to the dirt and I have no problem sitting out in the desert with it and shoot yotes or whatever. If you do not like the PRS a standard A2 stock with a length adjustment will work good for a little less than the PRS.
What ever you decide just make sure it works for you, I like my PRS and it works for me, Scooter uses what he uses and it works for him. Good Luck.

I'm going to shoot it a bunch of different ways (I think): XTC, Palma/NRA Long Range/F-Class, but also tactical matches and coyotes. I know, no one-size fits all approach...

I suppose the good news its easy to change if it doesn't work out. I'm still in the process of collecting parts and pieces for this thing -- I'll let y'all know where I end up.

Thanks to both of you for your input!
-Slice

The nice thing about the tube gun is its flexibility. For Competitions. I'll be using a 28" to 30" palma-weight barrels with the aforementioned no-compromise match buttstock. For hunting, I'll switch to a lightweight A2 buttstock and a sporter-weight 22" barrel. For competitions though, you will want the match buttstocks, there is nothing better.

The Marines have been testing Eliseo's tubeguns, with the match buttstock and they love it apparently.http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id26.html

I highly recommend you read everything you can about David Tubb's Tubb 2K, which is essentially a tubegun. Especially valuable is the material where he explains the rationale behind a tube gun and how it eliminates many of the shortcomings of other rifle designs. After reading this, you be be much better enlightened on your equipment choices. Here are some links with the most important listed first:
www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images/articles/2000_concept.pdf
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek016.html
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek054.html
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek091.html
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek074.html

I would like to use a Magpul UBR stock on Elisio's tube gun. The UBR stock has different cheek risers that can be added. It allows your cheek to sit closer to the action than the PRS. I wish he made an adapter that would allow the user to decide what works for them. I think that is realy what is needed. An option that allows the individual shooter to have the ability to find out what works for the individual.

I wouldn't say thr Tubb 2000/ T2K is a tube gun. It is modular, but the action is not enclosed in a "tube...it sits atop a lower receiver akin to an AR type lower. The Tubb has an Anschutz trigger which is 'SWEET" but don't get dust in it! It wasn't meant for field or tactical use. You can build an Eliseo with 3 different bbld actions for the price of 1 T2k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to use a Magpul UBR stock on Elisio's tube gun. The UBR stock has different cheek risers that can be added. It allows your cheek to sit closer to the action than the PRS. I wish he made an adapter that would allow the user to decide what works for them. I think that is realy what is needed. An option that allows the individual shooter to have the ability to find out what works for the individual. </div></div>

I asked Gary about this very question: told him the ability to swap buttstocks was the only thing that MAK had over his tube. He said that his tube has been extensively tested by the tactical community and that his buttstock has been received very favorably. After some more back and forth, he said "I'll think about it."...kind of like asking a girl out and having her say she'll think about it.:)

HAHA...... Please Baby can I please, "I will think about it"

I did just get off of Gary's website and I do kind of like the look of his stock. So Scooter maybe onto something but as for now I will stay with my PRS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHA...... Please Baby can I please, "I will think about it"

I did just get off of Gary's website and I do kind of like the look of his stock. So Scooter maybe onto something but as for now I will stay with my PRS. </div></div>

Haha, well, Gary is in Southern Commiefornia. Attend any highpower match in your area, and you'll see plenty of his stocks.

Take Care,
Scooter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will keep and eye out for his product, I would like to get down behind one and see how it fits. </div></div>
With an allen wrench, it will fit any way you want!

I have two. One is a 300 WM RT 10 and the other is a 6mm BR repeater. My 300 is the one on Gary's site:

http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id12.html

Shoot great. Wears a NF NXS 5.5x22x50 MLR. Bolted in. Barreled action by Jared Joplin. Broughton 5R MTU taper, Little Bastard brake, large bolt knob, Jewel Trigger bottom safety no bolt stop, Remmy 700 LA Blueprinted with sako extractor.