• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

who's doing AICS .308 magazine modifications?

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
Yes, I did the "Sniper's Hide Google Search" on this topic but to no avail. I know I've seen this posted, but I can't find this specific information now.

What gunsmith out there is removing the internal front metal piece in the AICS mags?

DSCN2286.jpg

I know that the spot welds have to be drilled out so the front piece can be removed. Then those holes have to be filled or welded shut (tig welded?) and polished smooth.

Looking for those that do this. Like I said, I just can't find the post of those offering to do so. A little help?

Thanks!

Re: who's doing AICS .308 magazine modifications?

I think Surgeon can do it for you, dont quote me on that though. Much easier to just buy a MORTA mag from USO or a WSM mag from AccurateMag and sell your AICS mag here in the for sale section.

As long as you are having someone do that have them mill your feed ramp on your reciever at the same time.
Pop the floorplate off the magazine, drop the spring and follower out, then insert the mag body in the rifle. Flip over and look up inside the magazine at the underside of the reciever and you will see what I'm referring to......

I just drilled mine out and haven't filled them yet. I'm thinking about using some bedding compound to fill it.