• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's got a GSG-5?

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
I may have an opportunity to pick one up, are they any good? If you have one let's hear some pros and cons

Re: Who's got a GSG-5?

My buddies and i shot one off, last week, they look wicked cool, but it shot alright, good groups in door, havent tried it outside

I have the rifle and the pistol and with the iron sight they are pretty good. Matter of fact I took out 3 big guns and my GSG and the GSG got more attention then all of my big guns combined. YOu cant go wrong with the price of ammo. If your looking for a good shooter and to have fun, GSG is the way to go. If your looking to go into combat, well GSG is not the way to go.

GSG's are attention getters for sure. They shoot good but dont expect great groups. They are cool and they do shoot good.

I had one and just sold it. It feels flimsy, I question its long term durability. A lot of small parts and screws. Looks cool but the iron sights are lacking, accuracy is not even as good as a stock 10/22.

Going with a Spikes Tactical upper myself

I like mine, I had a chance to shoot it for the first time this past weekend. It's a very unique gun. I shot it and my M261 .22LR AR conversion on the same outing, and both were fun. The AR is more utilitarian, even without a bolt hold open on my kit, but the GSG is just fun.

Pricey, but fun, and over in the GSG forum at arfcom there are a lot of resources on their quirks. A guy makes replacement screw kits, which apparently prevents a bolt cracking issue, that sort of stuff.

I'm not super happy with the durability myself, but their warranty coverage is great and overall I'm happy with the shooting experience.