• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's ordered a P308 lately, how long is the wait?

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
Ready to buy a POF P-308 this week. Wondering if I have a dealer order it how long it will take to come in. I could ask POF, but I don't trust manufacturers to tell the truth about product wait times. I know some people waited over a year when they were new, hopefully that's eased up by now. I live right by Cabela's and they have them in stock, but my wife works at a dealer and they'll get it for me at cost.
wink.gif
I'd like to save the money to put toward a scope for it, but if it's going to be a 6 month fiasco waiting on it, I'll just pay the extra and find one on gunbroker or trod up to Cabela's(although I'd hate to pay $200 sales tax) Anybody have any input?

Re: Who's ordered a P308 lately, how long is the wait?

If it's a concern, which it sounds like it is, I'd find one in stock or on gunbroker.com.

If I were you and I wanted it now I would go and find it in stock and pay the extra money; if not, and you have the patience, then order it and wait. If I really wanted it now I wouldn't care about the money for the tax. That just helps the government spend more money and we can use that anyways
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's a concern, which it sounds like it is, I'd find one in stock or on gunbroker.com. </div></div>

BIG +1 on this advice!!

While I have ordered direct from POF in the past (twice in fact...the first time and the LAST TIME), I would gladly pay a slight premium for an immediately available, in-stock model from one of POF's many dealers. My wait on my first P-308 direct from POF was close to 9mos IIRC (which was promised in 8-12wks). Since then, its been direct deals with dealers who had what I wanted in stock (and one off of another Internet site).

Frankie Ice had a sale going in the group buy section. He might still have some available.

ORD, sounds like you and I had the same experience.

Thanks guys. I don't mind waiting on it, up to a point. 8-9 mos like some are reporting is longer than I want to be out $2000. My cutoff point for this particular item is 4 months or so, any more than that and I'd rather just pay the extra $500. I really want it here before deer season ends in January, and I was hoping someone who'd ordered one in the last year would tell me they only waited 3 or 4 months. Oh well. I guess the 2/3 principle still applies, "You can have work done three ways: good, fast, and cheap. Pick two."

You'll be hard pressed to find a late model POF 308 with the new HSR rail, even on gunbroker. In fact, there's only one of the HSR models available on there but it also comes with an AAC suppressor and has a price tag of $4500+, from Felix at AVGuns.com. He is the largest POF dealer in the nation and from what I've been told, even he doesn't know when another shipment of POF 308's will arrive. I purchased the last one Felix had available back in April, leaving only the one I mentioned on gunbroker. If you're okay with the older predator rail system, there's a 20in model p308 also available on Gunbroker.

If you can't find what you want in stock somewhere, DO NOT order it unless you're okay with waiting for months on end. I have a buddy in Texas who ordered his in January and he was told 8-12 weeks. As of July 20th he was still waiting and canceled his order after being promised 'a couple more weeks' for months.

I love my POF rifle but there's no way in hell that I'd wait nearly a year to receive it.

Therein lies the rub, I want the new rail. I've noticed even the ones up at Cabela's are the old rail, how long ago did the HSR come out?

If I recall correctly, the new HSR was released around November 2010. I've owned the predator rail system and in my opinion, the HSR is superior to the predator.

Here are a few on GunBroker depending on your particular needs/wants in terms of barrel length, etc.:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=243797467

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=244100627

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=243796549

The only thing you can do is keep a watchful eye on GunBroker, ARFCOM, here on the Hide...the usual suspect sites for one to come available. Also, check with Felix at AVGuns, Frankie Ice here on the Hide, etc. to see if you can find a dealer who happens to have exactly what you are looking for in stock and ready to roll. Some times, given the long waiting time for POF rifles, customers who have placed special orders end up not being able to come through and dealers will have extra stock become available suddenly.

To be honest, with the Hogan/POF suit getting going, I have no idea what impact, if any at all, could be had on POF's production timeline, supply of parts, etc., so ordering today could easily result in you waiting a CONSIDERABLE time period before you see your rifle.

I guess being that I'm 30 now with 3 kids, and having done 3 sea deployments I'm finally learning patience...

The difference between gunbroker and waiting for the shop to get it in is about $600. I'm no dummy, that's enough money to buy a decent scope for it. Called POF and Jeremy said 15-18 weeks. Skeptical though I am about it, I'm gonna roll the dice and have my wife order one at work. Now... the waiting. Perhaps now would be a good time to put in for a stamp for a Gemtech Quicksand to go with it? Wonder which would arrive first?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One for sale on here almost new

http:/http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2706855#Post2706855 </div></div>

That isn't exactly what I would call a POF, rather a custom build with a POF lower and upper assembly.

To the OP, best of luck with your purchase. You'll love it, after it finally arrives. LoL

Good luck. Hopefully you wont have any of the issues I have had with my P308 and have to return it. At least the turn around time on repairs is fast. Had it back in 12 days door to door and its fixed.

Frankie Ice has 2 P308 16.5" up for sale via this post:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2287486&page=2

$2399 with mag and sling, add shipping.

He's a great guy to work with.

I have the older (2010) MRR rail in the 16.5" and the rifle is excellent, sub MOA all day long. The MRR is slightly heavier than the new rail, but has a full length picatinny rail on the bottom.

You might want to check with Hogan Guns as well. They are selling their own rifles as well as blem guns with POF left over parts. They were previously a sub-contractor to POF, so the platform is identical with slightly different options (and I mean slight).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yellowcarbon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to check with Hogan Guns as well. They are selling their own rifles as well as blem guns with POF left over parts.</div></div>

That would be a very bad idea. I wouldn't purchase anything from Hogan because from what I've read, they are selling POF rifles without express permission from POF*USA. If that's not enough, their quality standards are lacking severely. For further reference, see the video below.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ag1lzZBFUp0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ag1lzZBFUp0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yellowcarbon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to check with Hogan Guns as well. They are selling their own rifles as well as blem guns with POF left over parts. They were previously a sub-contractor to POF, so the platform is identical with slightly different options (and I mean slight). </div></div>

I thought about this, thought it would be cool to have my name on a rifle(I'm Sean Hogan), but I had read some negatives and decided to go with POF, as the Hogans don't have the HSR rail that I really want.

You can get one right here off of a Hide member with no wait from Frankie Ice. He is a good guy and has been really easy to work with. They are the older style railed POF's. I'm not sure which ones he has left but will post a link to his thread, check it out. I know I got the last 20" 308 but he may be able to get whatever you need.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">POF RIFLES FOR SALE</span></span> </span>
LINK ^