• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's running a BAT???

Ackley Improved

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2006
AUSTRALIA
Who is using a BAT action on a tact build? Show me!

I have just changed from a Stiller TAC300 to a BAT HR on a current build. Got to love them BAT's. Curious how many of you guys are using them.

Beautiful actions... I think I need another!

Cheers

Re: Who's running a BAT???

For a true tactical rifle Bat actions are too tight. I have a bat bmg action that they have taken some metal off the bolt body so its not so tight, this helps loosen it up a little.

BTW they are a great actions

They are tight. But, I have one in the works:

HR Repeater
McM A-2, Woodland Camo
Lilja #27 Taper, 27"
Not sure about which brake yet.
Will be .300 win mag

If you are running in a dusty area it will lock up on you. The name that shall not be mentioned ran one at the TacPro sniper match last year. While it shot it ran fine, but it locked up on him. Plus he had to carry around compressed air and cleaning stuff just to try to keep it going. There is a good reason you don't see them on tac builds very often.
They are nice though, just not for a working gun.

BAT's are a bench gun action but if not mistaken they do make a tactical action that is a little looser than the norm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are running in a dusty area it will lock up on you. The name that shall not be mentioned ran one at the TacPro sniper match last year. While it shot it ran fine, but it locked up on him. Plus he had to carry around compressed air and cleaning stuff just to try to keep it going. There is a good reason you don't see them on tac builds very often.
They are nice though, just not for a working gun. </div></div>

Big +1. Just don't go with the tight tolerances of a bench rest action.