• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Whose has the best Snipers?

AJMARSOC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2014
Who has the best snipers in your opinion? The country and service please. I personally think USMC Scout Snipers have the best training and succeed in more than Army and other countries Snipers and sniper programs. Please don't just say some thing like "SAS snipers" please state why. Thanks. I'd just like to see what others think. Thanks again.

Seriously, is this some kind of joke? First the "sniper jargon" thread and now this...

Seriously, is this some kind of joke? First the "sniper jargon" thread and now this...

Nice snag, if you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have paid attention to who the OP was (although I should have pinged to it).

AJ, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself, since you are now 2 for 2 on your posts. Are you researching a book or something? Where are you coming from with the back-to-back posts along these lines?

lmao - Congrats on your second post.....and I thought the sniper jargon was good. ;)

Oh, and the Secret Squirrel Snipers are the best.

sniper-squirrel-30002.jpg

Last edited:
After much more of this leg twisting, I think I'm going to need both a hip and knee replacement...

None are any better than their last successful mission which is a function of:
The man
His training
His support
His will

My older cousins took me snipe hunting once, I never caught one. I am not a good sniper. Neither is my brother. My cousins say they are good at it. I have never seen a snipe in the wild.

Everyone knows that (insert unit here) <insert unit="" here="">is the best, and that (insert unit here)<insert unit="" here=""> is a group of total shit bags.

Everyone knows this, because it's common internet knowledge.</insert></insert>

Nice snag, if you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have paid attention to who the OP was (although I should have pinged to it).

AJ, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself, since you are now 2 for 2 on your posts. Are you researching a book or something? Where are you coming from with the back-to-back posts along these lines?

No I'm not writing a book. Nor was I in the service. (About to enlist). Just trying to get to know more. And I'm not really sure what all the fuss is all about. But I can see that none of you. Or at least you bogeybrown, were never in the the service or at least the Marine Corps. Frankly I think you just like to give others a hard time. So thank you for your response but please take it elsewhere. I don't need that and others coming here to research or to learn more definitely don't need it. Thanks.

OK, AJ, we get it, you're maybe 17 or 18.
Unfortunate handle to go by on a forum like this.
We have fun with FNGs. Wait until you get to basic before you get all butt hurt over a few words. Otherwise you might get an experience you didn't bargain for from somebody in a funny hat.
Your questions are more or less juvenile and silly, thus the ridicule.
Give it a rest, lurk here for awhile. Your experience on the Hide will be better for it.

I personally think USMC Scout Snipers have the best training and succeed in more than Army and other countries Snipers and sniper programs

Except when it comes to the International Sniper Competitions where the Army seems to always win. AMU mostly, but when they don't show up its the Ranger Sniper Teams.

No I'm not writing a book. Nor was I in the service. (About to enlist). Just trying to get to know more. And I'm not really sure what all the fuss is all about. But I can see that none of you. Or at least you bogeybrown, were never in the the service or at least the Marine Corps. Frankly I think you just like to give others a hard time. So thank you for your response but please take it elsewhere. I don't need that and others coming here to research or to learn more definitely don't need it. Thanks.

So your using MARSOC in your name, and haven't even made it through boot camp yet? Good luck

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

If I'm not mistaken bogeybrown said in a previous thread he is currently deployed.

So maybe AJ....its you that needs to shut the fuck up.

You threads that have no bearing on anything...your posts that sound like something a 6th grader would ask. Which would be fine if you said you were in fact a 6th grader.

You come onto a reputable long standing board that has in its very name "for serious marksmen" and make a statement that one or many have never served considering you've not spent even a single month here.

No, its you that is the problem. You ask for info about stupid shit and then disparage the ones who reply (and reply fairly genuinely) but I assure you if this what think its like to be grilled then you aren't remotely ready to enlist.

None of the Marines I know would act the way he is. Maybe I only know caring Marines how would like to help others and would try to help others. Maybe there "the Few" you here about. Or maybe bogeybrown is part of the rest. I don't know. From what I've read and seen I'd say he's the other part. But I'm getting tired of all the rediculious comments everyone's posting. Marines don't act that way. I've been around them my whole life. Good Marines just don't act that way.

USMC 6th leadership trait:

TACT
Definition: Tact means that you can deal with people in a manner that will maintain good relations and avoid problems. It means that you are polite, calm, and firm.

Suggestions for Improvement: Begin to develop your tact by trying to be courteous and cheerful at all times. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

And thank you for the few who gave a serious answer. I really appreciate it. Thanks

None of the Marines I know would act the way he is. Maybe I only know caring Marines how would like to help others and would try to help others. Maybe there "the Few" you here about. Or maybe bogeybrown is part of the rest. I don't know. From what I've read and seen I'd say he's the other part. But I'm getting tired of all the rediculious comments everyone's posting. Marines don't act that way. I've been around them my whole life. Good Marines just don't act that way.

TACT
Definition: Tact means that you can deal with people in a manner that will maintain good relations and avoid problems. It means that you are polite, calm, and firm.

Suggestions for Improvement: Begin to develop your tact by trying to be courteous and cheerful at all times. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

The Marines I know and served with while on active duty as a Marine would find it shameful that you would use a title such as MARSOC when you haven't even earned the title Marine. You don't rate to use that title, considering you haven't even went to boot camp yet. And the Marines I know would think this question is just as fucking stupid as the majority of the members on this board do. But maybe those are just the new breed Marines I know who have earned that title and been down range. Nothing but another poolee who thinks he has earned something before he ever earns the title.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Last edited:
No way! Tusken raiders are better. Nothing like a good spotter and a 40" blaster rifle
x1221.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rccuLB_ISJ.jpg

Aj have you ever heard the expression, there are no stupid questions? If so, forget that shit. there are and don't even think about asking that stupid shit. As stated above keep your scum bucket shut and your dickbeater of the keyboard until you learn the right questions to ask. You'll find what you're looking for and have a much more pleasant experience here at the hide or in the real world for that matter. One last thing man up and don't get so butthurt because someone gave you a little shit. I've never served in the armed forces (my hats off to those of you that have and do) but speaking from my experience as an oilfield diver in the GOM, you my boy do not want to be known as the shitbird that pitched a fuck fit because someone on the crew was "mean" to him. We'd have you're lame ass dragging up before the end of your first hitch. So think next time and take it on the chin if you screw up. Best of luck in your endevours fella.

Well there scooter, that put you 3 for 3. Not only was I in the service, I was a Marine: a Platoon Sergeant in the Infantry along with a few Instructor MOSs. I was asking where you were coming from because I had a feeling you may have been a poolee or at least contemplating joining the Corps. Had you simply introduced yourself and explained that you were attempting to gain some knowledge, then some of the other crusty old guys here and myself likely would have tried to help you out.

However, since you ONCE AGAIN had diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain, I am no longer inclined to provide any advice or mentoring about the Corps, or the sandbox. So you figure this shit out on your own. There's plenty of young guys over here that haven't wanted to listen, and a lot of them ended up as a meat-shower.

Best of luck to you. Fortunately this war will be done by the time you get here, so at least you can't get the guy NEXT to you killed.

TACT

Jeeeeeezus I'm glad I'm out and working the civvie side now. If THIS had shown up in my old platoon I would have always been explaining to the Capt how "clumsy" the kid was.

Kid, you've blown a hell of an opportunity to gain some knowledge from a pretty spectacular collection of really smart folks here on the Hide (and no, I don't feel I'm one of them). I don't think I could come up with a reasonable question about ANYTHING firearms or shooting related that someone on this board couldn't help me with. I was teaching Marksmanship before you were born (God I can't believe that's actually true), and this forum has introduced and taught me things I never knew I never knew.

I always wondered what the hell went through the minds of the guys who showed up to Boot Camp with an EGA tattoo already. I think I finally understand where they come from.

If any of my fellow Hiders feel as though I was in some way unfair to a newbie when I asked him for some background so we could better understand what he needed, then I apologize to YOU. YOU have my respect and my thanks for all the help you've given ME. I guess I've hit that point where the "new generation" is beyond my comprehension.

As an elder Marine Veteran NCO (who served 13 months in-country in I Corps, RVN), I'll give you the benefit (probably more than your attitude so far deserves) of the doubt.

Snipers (of whom I am not one) are a generally reticent group. Terms like 'best sniper' have little meaning to them; essentially any experienced Sniper who is still fit to continue the task would qualify. Such terms are largely meaningless to professionals, they do the job to their own best satisfaction, and take serious pains to ensure they remain capable of doing it again. Titles and the opinions of others are not a meaningful part of their self assessment process.

There are publicized international championship meets sponsored across the world, and essentially, they determine who's best on that particular day at running a course which pit skills and conditioning against adverse conditions. I'm not sure what that proves, but I expect the process earns some respect and recognition, and I'm equally sure that a large segment of the Sniper profession are unimpressed.

In this context, the term 'best Sniper' probably has no concrete meaning. In any other context, it probably means even less.

So I'll give you an answer that's probably as true as any other, and one that will set your mind into the correct frame to continue toward your boot camp 'experience'. Of course the US Marine Scout Sniper is the very best in both the known and unknown universe.

...and now, about your attitude. Plainly, it sucks. Marines are pleased to assist other Marines, and in fact, any other who takes the time to consider their question and the viewpoints of those whom they may ask.

That pleasure stops short of dealing with know-it-all wannabees who think it is their prerogative to tell us what we should be and how we should do what we do. When you earn the title 'Marine' (it's not a description, it's a title...), you'll understand our attitude.

Until then I strongly suggest a demeanor based on the core values of reticence and humility. Try telling a DI off like you did those above, and you'll soon learn that their kind and nurturing sides got left back in their home quarters that day (and any other day). Your agenda has literally nothing to do with theirs.

Many of us Marines feel likewise, as you've already experienced.

FYI, the gentleman who owns/runs this website has had the honor of being both a US Marine Scout Sniper, and an Army Sniper. I can only imagine what thoughts are running through his mind regarding your participation on his website.

That is all for now...

Greg

Last edited:
Good lord son. Your mouth opened up a much bigger can of sh whoop-ass than you understand. I worked in the S3 for my second float. I don't expect you to understand what that means but running gator squares in the Adriatic it meant I did PT and played KIMs game with our battalion's STA platoon and watched, communicated with, directed and prayed for them when they were down range. A few of them I still keep in touch with. They are the reason I'm on this site and the reason I've spent the time and treasure I have to understand and start to become proficient at long range shooting. They do what few can but we wore the same EGA.

1. There is a concept in the Corps of rated and non-rated. You, little man, are non-rated. Get off the internet and head down to the range and tell a Marine how he is supposed to act or impugn his service to his face and he'll be happy to show you what the inside of your lip looks like.

2. Please learn to spell properly. You are judged by your words and yours do not project intelligence.

3. The people here would have been happy to help you. Probably not so much now that you have shown your ass. Do yourself a favor and give a little respect and perhaps some will come around.

4. Free advice for boot camp: shut up more than you speak up. Based on what I've read from you so far, a LOT more.

Thanks Gents. Greg, I've always enjoyed your intelligence and depth of knowledge across numerous threads, and I appreciate your being capable of a level-headed response here. I've never had cause to lose my shit with anyone here before. I guess my tolerance for shit-birds hasn't improved since I've been out.

Axshon, I don't know if we've "run into each other" on a thread before, but thanks to you as well for a well composed response.

If I understood junior correctly, he was "about to enlist" or something along those lines, so I don't know that any of your wisdom is going to mean anything. IF they even take him at the recruiter's office, I'm guessing that T1 is going to be a very interesting experience considering "all of the caring Marines" he hangs out with. ;)

TACT

Who the fuck are you to judge what good Marines act like? Let me give you some juice about fleet junior. Everyones mad, everyones pissy, everyone has a chip on thier shoulder. That long running irritation and bad mood is what causes the whole marine mystique. I never knew a Marine that wasnt a dick. But i was/am proud to call them my brothers. Get off the the damn video games, Graduate PI,pack a rifle someplace hot and nasty, then, maybe then, I will entertain your idea of what makes a good Marine. Until then, stfu and earn your right to bitch. PS, please inform your recuriter that you are a whiny bitch with unreal expectations so he can fit you into a good MOS. You want to learn, then learn. Learning doesnt mean judging or accusing. Always some fucking LCpl wannabee ice skating up hill. remind me of my daughter, thats why i beeged her to join the army and not fuck up my Marine Corps.

0231/02xx USMC 92-98
VMFA 251, SPMAGTF(x) CWL, Lot of detachments...
Somalia, Bosnia, Iraq, N Africa and Israel to name a few.
Off hand, what unit were you with in or around Bosnia? I was with 26 MEU in 93. Perhaps "Ploce to Mostar" means something to you?

Semper Fi

2 times damnt. First was with unfor in late 93 Detach from Vicenza Italy. Mostly in Gorazde just northeast of Mostar :). Occasionally Sara. But the UN HQ there was really nasty. Hated seeing all the 12 year old hookers selling tricks for smokes. Crazy shit. Then again in 95 with USS America, vmfa-251. The second was from a CVIC so not nearly as fun, but we did blow up a lot of shit. Hell of a way to start a med cruise lol.

What was really funny is only reason i got involved in 93 was that we had problems with FAC's from france fucking up coordinates. I think mostar fell under French forces also? jackasses. And jr spooks get shit jobs. But at least we aint grunts :)

Funny story, met a kid working at a gas station in 99. Guess he was late teens. Was wearing a Bosnia shirt with with heavy accent. I said hey, i know that place and kinda laughed. He asked me how and I told him where we were and served. Basic shit. Dude stating crying and thanking me. I was like, hey man seriously, i didnt do shit but read maps and be really cold. But it made me really happy later. I was glad to see someone got something out of all that crap.

2 times damnt. First was with unfor in late 93 Detach from Vicenza Italy. Mostly in Gorazde just northeast of Mostar :). Occasionally Sara. But the UN HQ there was really nasty. Hated seeing all the 12 year old hookers selling tricks for smokes. Crazy shit. Then again in 95 with USS America, vmfa-251. The second was from a CVIC so not nearly as fun, but we did blow up a lot of shit. Hell of a way to start a med cruise lol.

What was really funny is only reason i got involved in 93 was that we had problems with FAC's from france fucking up coordinates. I think mostar fell under French forces also? jackasses. And jr spooks get shit jobs. But at least we aint grunts :)

Funny story, met a kid working at a gas station in 99. Guess he was late teens. Was wearing a Bosnia shirt with with heavy accent. I said hey, i know that place and kinda laughed. He asked me how and I told him where we were and served. Basic shit. Dude stating crying and thanking me. I was like, hey man seriously, i didnt do shit but read maps and be really cold. But it made me really happy later. I was glad to see someone got something out of all that crap.

Nice! I was off the coast on the USS Saipan in early/mid 93 waiting for Bill Clinton to pull the trigger. We were in and out of Trieste and Naples a few times. That road was to be our AO to secure for 10th Tanks out of Germany to blow their way into Sarajevo during the siege. He never let us off our leash so all we got to do was plan and fam-fire off the fan deck. Fun shooting the Barret though and watching the arty go back and forth at night was interesting. I recall the 2 chief saying "there are no white hats, only black hats and gray hats". It was my first experience with the term "be polite and professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet". Glad you made it home safe brother!

Nice! I was off the coast on the USS Saipan in early/mid 93 waiting for Bill Clinton to pull the trigger. We were in and out of Trieste and Naples a few times. That road was to be our AO to secure for 10th Tanks out of Germany to blow their way into Sarajevo during the siege. He never let us off our leash so all we got to do was plan and fam-fire off the fan deck. Fun shooting the Barret though and watching the arty go back and forth at night was interesting. I recall the 2 chief saying "there are no white hats, only black hats and gray hats". It was my first experience with the term "be polite and professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet". Glad you made it home safe brother!

you too! i always thought it was funny that the country had like a 10 mile beach sorrounded by croatia. At the time we were operating "safe zones" hahahahhahahahaha.

OH Trieste, how i love thee..... lol. Naples is ok, but i swear i stepped in human shit walking through an alley one time. I quickly lost the romance lol.

Semper Fi Brother.

Who has the best snipers? UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! That's who!

And yeah, Recon BF4 is the way to play. Those pilots hate Recon guys painting them constantly through out each match! They get pissed.lol. COD games are just run and gun games.

Also, to all who have served, Thank you! I have the up most respect for each and every service man and woman. Medical kept me from serving, wish I could have. Like my dad said, at least I was able to give back a little to you guys. I was a contract welder at PSNS Bremerton, WA. Welded on the USS Lincoln and USS Stennis, CVN 72 and 74. I know it doesn't compare to you guys who served, but it was such a proud moment for me the first time I stepped aboard CVN-72. My god! That hanger bay was HUGE! This hole in my heart and AFIB screwed me, but I loved welding the stainless in the heads of both vessels as a civil service welder. It freaked me out at first welding the stainless pipe right next to the JP pipes. I saw purple, and thought "damn! got to weld next to that?" Best welding job I ever had to date. Well... it was a "shitty job" but hope a few of you enjoyed the new heads a few years back(05-06) :)

Last edited:
Polish GROM, which stands for Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno-Manewrowego, or in English Operational Maneuver Response Group.

Who has the best snipers in your opinion? The country and service please. I personally think USMC Scout Snipers have the best training and succeed in more than Army and other countries Snipers and sniper programs. Please don't just say some thing like "SAS snipers" please state why. Thanks. I'd just like to see what others think. Thanks again.

Well if your wanting to know who I fear the most on the playing field, it would be
1st,...The very close workers from Grozny y who are as brutal as anyone on this rock.
2nd,...The folks who trained the close workers from Grozny y, the Russians.
3rd,...The ones you don't hear about from Israel.

Hard to compare a country's talent thru the media when the end goal of is money.
FWIW an as always YMMV