• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why are automatic bullet feeders so expensive?

dbooksta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
PA
They're basically low-voltage motors with a drum and slotted wheel. What justifies a price over $100 (much less the ~$400 retail rate) for such a device?

Re: Why are automatic bullet feeders so expensive?

have you built one yet?

Figured out how to make sure it drops just one bullet at a time instead of all of them?

They're not terribly complicated....especially the collater. But the die is a pain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have you built one yet?
</div></div>

At these prices I'm tempted
wink.gif

I've looked at a few; didn't focus on the die end, but even there it looks like a simple mechanism. Not to build from scratch, but having put it into production I don't see how the marginal cost per unit could justify a price virtually as high as a progressive press itself!

Hornady Bullet Feeders are on sale at midway for $230! I would like to get more info on this Hornady for my Dillon 650